World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow fishing freaks, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but............ it looks like its gonna be blowy pretty much every day for the next week or so, due to a series of low pressures in the Nth Atlantic rattling by.
Now maybe the time to dust off that old beach caster thats gathering dust in the garage as the Bass could be feeding inshore in the surf!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Hi fellow fishing freaks, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but............ it looks like its gonna be blowy pretty much every day for the next week or so, due to a series of low pressures in the Nth Atlantic rattling by.
Now maybe the time to dust off that old beach caster thats gathering dust in the garage as the Bass could be feeding inshore in the surf!!!!!!!!!
Its been another wasted year!!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
It Sure Is Another Crap Summer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wind Wind And More Wind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when Its Sunny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bloody Wind ,i Reckon You Could Not Count A Whole Week This Summer So Far Were Ther Has Not Been A Windy Day

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
It Sure Is Another Crap Summer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wind Wind And More Wind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when Its Sunny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bloody Wind ,i Reckon You Could Not Count A Whole Week This Summer So Far Were Ther Has Not Been A Windy Day
Would not mind if my boat was 40ft!but iv only used it about 15 times this year!makes me wonder why i bother!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Would not mind if my boat was 40ft!but iv only used it about 15 times this year!makes me wonder why i bother!
I GET FRUSTRATED MY SELF ,,,,,,,,,,,JUST GOT ME DINGHY WERE I WONT IT AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,ITS BLOODY WINDY THIS WEEK END,,,,,,,,,,,,AND IM ON HOLIDAY Sun ,,,,,,,,,,,,IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ,JUST WOULD OF TOPPED IT IF I COULD OF GOT OUT,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT TO HAVE A BOAT LIKE YOU GUYS AND THE MONEY YOU HAVE SPENT ON THEM,,,,,,,,,,,,WELL I KNOW WERE YOUR COMING FROM ,THIS WIND IS GETTING US ALL DOWN,,,,,,,,,,,ILL HAVE TO TAKE UP SAILING LOL

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its no fun in a force 5 or 6 even in a bigger boat. Theres no danger in my boat in them conditions, its just CRAP! And as for trying to drift your favourite wreck in them conditions forget it, you go through like a Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
I'm luckY??? I have a shelterd (resonably) estuary to fish for bass even if 90% of them are schoolies . . . thats untill you look down the river and all you can see are sails, wall to wall, hudreds of sails!!!! Try drifting for bass in that lot:cc_surren Anchor up and they use you as a turning mark:wallbash:

Only answer, get up at 'silly o'clock', loose the buitey sleep, and be coming in the lock as they are going out. I wonder why I bother in the school summer holidays.

This weekend, I have given up for both reasons, wind and to many yachties!!! I will spend it instead, making the roof stand for the radar, watching the F1 motor racing and scoring brownie points for being the attentive partner :wub:

ET's OPO

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing wrong with the "brownie point" routine!!!! its a proven strategy!!!! I may use it myself this weekend just incase its nice next weekend then i will be allowed to stay at sea from Saturday am until Sunday pm!

G

·
Yep, I actualy enjoy being with my Hazel. She enjoys the boat as well so I dont get any griff. Trouble is this summer was suposed to be a 'catch up' season, but the weather has had other ideas:huh: still, there are a few more weeks to go befor it gets cold and miserable . . . :idea: and the cod come in :hug: more brownie points required :fishing:

Making bits for the boat is thereputic and satisfying, especialy when its from re-cycled material, almost a 'for nothing' job . . . who said 'tight old git':marinheir:whistling

ET's OPO

·
Registered
368 Posts
The wind seems to be following the same pattern as last year. It started off well in April but has just gone downhill since then. I hope this isn't going to be the trend for the future:sad:

G

·
The wind seems to be following the same pattern as last year. It started off well in April but has just gone downhill since then. I hope this isn't going to be the trend for the future:sad:
Something to do with the Gulf Stream they said last year, not heard anything to that affect this year, any boady know???

ET

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Well the first hurricane of the year happened a week or so ago, so this naff weather is probably the 'remains' of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts