World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a week of mixed fortunes. Atrocious weather Monday, a soaking and wrecked camera and phone Wednesday. B&Q for DIY materials Thursday and more shop walking this morning, I think my good lady could obviously tell ( maybe by my grumpy mood ) that I needed to get out for a few hours.

"it's not a bad afternoon, why don't you nip down the Knap for a couple of hours ?" Maybe I replied.......

In the time it take a kettle to boil. I was changed, car was loaded and I was off.

LW at 15:30, I was on the beach by 14:15. Two rods set up and first cast by 14:25.
Today I opted for a half sandeel on 2/0 circle pennel pulley and a 2 hook size 1 circles flapper with rag.
The hour or so down to LW passed without a knock but as soon as the tide started to push my first bass of the year put in an appearance........................ small but beautifully formed ( a bit like me lol lol )

Blue Finger Skin Vertebrate Fish

Several good rattles resulted in bare hooks before I was rewarded with a double shot of pouting......

Vertebrate Dog breed Dog Liquid Carnivore

By now the tide was pushing in hard and the light was starting to dim despite a glimpse of late sunshine..

Nature Blue Fluid Daytime Natural environment

So that was that for me.... Home in time for tea...

Coastal and oceanic landforms Recreation Waterway Personal protective equipment Outdoor recreation

Ending a tiresome week with at least a little smile !!!

Just need WALES to give the SCOTS a thrashing tomorrow and I'll be back to being a truly happy chappy.

COME ON WALES !!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well done ... If your camera shot on the selfie had been slightly more towards the point at Porthkerry ... you would of caught me fishing on the stones .. I had 1 small pouting and a tiny eel ... wish I had given the beach a go now ... never mind good to know for next time ...
Good to see the bass seem to be back too ..

·
Premium Member
10,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
point at Porthkerry ... you would of caught me fishing on the stones ..
Saw you walking over as I pulled into car park........ Beach fishes a lot better at night, especially once the rays are in.

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Nice report again mate and on the fish again.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Saw you walking over as I pulled into car park........ Beach fishes a lot better at night, especially once the rays are in.
It was my first time on the knap ...
I fished it 2 hrs before and 2 into the flood ... I fished squid and frozen blacks on a pulley penell. ... and cast as far as I could about 70 80 yrs ... not sure if this is the right tactics .. I did have a good fish on that straightend the hook prob a a conger ... I will defiantly return tho good mark
Body of water Nature Cloud Water Photograph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.