World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how it's been fishing here as of late? Me n my mate are going for a bash tomorrow from high tide down to low. Hoping for a few whiting or maybe even a codling if the fishing gods ate with us. Will post a report after. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what a night friday night turned out to be! Bites a plenty, great conditions and even a surprise of a dogfish!
Me and craig set up 2 rods each using 2 and 3 hook flappers.... the sea was like a pond and it was on the peak of high tide so we used 4oz grippers.... Craig opened the scoring with a nice flatty to which i managed a response with a 6" whiting. For a laugh i set up a 9ft telescopic rod i've got with a 030 size RD fixed spool on 6lb line. I used a donut weight and a single hook flapper with a lump of squid on it.... 5 minutes later my rod nearly shot off the pier.... after a good fight with it and the rush of knowing i only had 6lb line on i had a nice 14" whiting... (i caught something else about 15 minutes later but it snapped off) :oops: .... anyway back to the main rods..... as the tide was receeding we carried on with a steady flow of whiting and flatties.... then craig had a massive knock on one of his rods and fought for a couple of minutes with a fish and struggled to get it up the pier with me hauling it up by hand in the end. Much to craigs and my surprise it was a little dogfish of about 16-18" long. We had 2 8"whiting and another flatty before calling it a day. Apart from craigs tea (my14" whiting) all other fish were put back. we were fishing on frozen calamari with about half of a 5" squid on each hook.

:punk: :1a::showoff::fishing: Water Fish Fin Shark Liquid
Water Organism Tints and shades Fish Marine biology
Water Fish Fin Tail Electric blue
Hand Fin Fish Snout Musical instrument
Shark Underwater Fish Fin Marine biology

1 - 6 of 6 Posts