World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps

Visiting Bridlington on the Sunday 16th of August. Taking my old folkes out for the day, My dad's recently had an operation on one of his feet so I thought the wall would be a sensible place to take him for a few hours.

Does any body know hows it fishing? Fished here loads of times in the winter but never in summer!

Thanks

Aldwell123

·
Registered
334 Posts
As always the Wall fishes well all the time from Lo to Hi water, never had any joy after Hi water.

Have a great day out

Col

·
Registered
280 Posts
I dont know Bridlington so can you park near this wall.....and where abouts is it...i have a free day next monday and looking for somewhere to fish either all or part of the day then maybe move back towards the north east...any ideas...?????

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate

Head down to the harbour there are two car parks, the one on the left handside is quite big or go past this car park 50 yards or so and go down a slip road this car park is very small. but all you have to do is walk up the harbour wall toward a fish processing factory

Please note the stone pier/jetty is closed to fishing during summer months.

I think there's a web site called www.photorecce.co.uk this will give you a better idea of the lay out

Cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fished Brid wall for a few hours on Saturday only had one small weaver fish, a nice looking little fella but with a very nasty looking sting and very agressive little bugger. I chucked him back nevertheless and I only saw one other person catch a flattie.
Don't forget, if you catch a weaver fish keep your fingers out of the way. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Fished the South Wall with a friend a few weeks back, we had a mixed bag including flounders, dabs, small bass, weever and couple of large eels. Nothing special but plenty of bites through the session.
we found lug on a 2 hook flapper worked well for all of these. There was definitely more action on the flood, things went off a bit after high water

The best fishing I've had off there has been when the sea's clear enough to feather. Using daylight lures you can get coalies, shad, mackerel and some big launce in good numbers. Morning and particularly evening tides seem productive.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Had another go early saturday morning on the South pier. Result was just one mackerel, caught down the side of the wall on baited feathers.

Not much else was caught from what I could gather, couple of flatties and weever I think.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I lived there for 14yrs, don't fish the South pier we call that the holiday makers wall. Full of crab lines and blokes fishing who cant. Try the North Pier on the elbow near the end and cast out towards the end of the land, Ive had some really nice cod off there..
Good Luck !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya can't fish the north pier in summer - not allowed. The south pier may also be shut soon, if the local workers have anything to do with it. Seems that the summer crowd, leave too much litter and cause too much of a fuss for the other visitors who just want a nice walk to the end of pier. I can understand this myself as I spent a couple of days over the last 2 weeks holiday fishing there. After about 6 o'clock when the holiday dads and their sons finish messing about trying to catch fish for the first time since they were kids, the place looks like a tip with bait newspaper, rig bags and nylon line left to blow about all over the shop.
At the end of my sessions, I was so miffed I took it upon myself to clean the lot up on my walk back to the car. I filled two carriers with the stuff, but if that is what is needed to keep the pier open for a decent days fishing so be it. I just hope other people have the decency to do the same before we all loose it.
Sorry for the rant, but it boils me nuts.
The fishing wasn't too bad there as well. One session seeing small flatties, rockling and whiting. The other session small flatties and loads of crabs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts