World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Brighton 18/04/14

931 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Wannacatch1 
#1 ·
Hi all

Been hunting plaice for the last month or so on my local Pompey beaches with nothing to show for my trouble and only hearing/seeing the odd small one come out so when I got an invite from a mate of mine to fish Brighton for them on Friday I could not say no especially since I have never been there before.

I was up at 06:30 and picked up and on the road by 07:00. Stopped off to pickup fresh blacks and squid.

Arrived to a surprisingly empty beach, flat calm and gin clear water. Had baits in the water by 9:30 blacks tipped with squid strips on a wishbone dropper with size 2 hooks.

My mate was in first with a flounder followed shortly by me with nice plump 33cm Plaice, BOOM YES target achieved on my first cast, thought to myself this is going to be a good day!!

We traded blows cast for cast with a couple of double shots (a first for me too) too until just before high when the action stopped and the bites died off. Packed up at 16:30.

Finally tally for the day was 11 plaice to me and 12 plaice and a flounder to my mate!

Not a single plaice under size all between 28-34cm. No monsters but no baby's either.

Cheers
Brenden

Sky Water Cloud Beach Horizon

Sky Water Light Blue Azure

Fish Fish products Marine biology Ray-finned fish Fin

Smile Water Sky Cloud Leg

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice session highly jealous

#5 ·
Nice report there chap I fished at hove . Fishing was slower and less fish . Still a plaice on the beach is better than a plaice in the bush so to speak . Hope the weather holds up . We will be moaning about May rot next .
Frank

#7 ·
Thanks chaps. Yeah it was at my max range, I have never measured my cast but I reckon 80-120. Nothing came in on the short casts.

#11 ·
also at 15 pound a day parking not helping well done on your catch
Nah found parking 5min walk from where we fished, £5 for the day :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.