World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We off to Brighton to fish along the beach past the Banjo pier (Where ever that is) obviously we would be fishing the marina arms but Poseidon hates us, so he sent a dozen storms to smite our enjoyment!!!

Would appreciate any advice or updates on how the beaches are fishing?

Registered
Nets were out clise last week evidently. Best bet is shoreham west arm. Look elsewhere on the south coast for last few weeks escapades. Drive towards wirthing. Over the river adur and left at roundabout keep going back towards shoreham/brighton car park in front of the arm. Job done

Registered
as said nets were out last week no been down there this week but if do go btn beach aim for between marina and banjo the groin is wear the kids play ground and volley ball courts r still a bit coloured up at moment needs to clear out abit but with these n/w winds hopefuly it soon will be

Registered
Tried Brighton beach near the west arm a few days ago and was a nightmare, caught a massive pallet and various other bits of wood including half a tree, a tyre and various nasty mixtures of rubbish an seaweed caught round disguarded fishing nets! Hopefully should all clear within the next week or so but wont try along there again for a few weeks

Registered
Tried Brighton beach near the west arm a few days ago and was a nightmare, caught a massive pallet and various other bits of wood including half a tree, a tyre and various nasty mixtures of rubbish an seaweed caught round disguarded fishing nets! Hopefully should all clear within the next week or so but wont try along there again for a few weeks
Single handed beach clean up using rod and line...i admire your dedication...well done

Registered
Since one of the lads on here the other month posted about the attempted mugging of his gear and stabbing of himself at the Banjo, I've gone off the thought of fishing there. Can happen anywhere but as pointed out in that thread, there's a lot of desperate people hovering around that area.

In the back of my head though can't help thinking.....am I being wise or being a p u*ssy? :laugh:

Registered
I fished the Albion Groyne 2 days ago from 5am til 9.
Water very dirty, though not much weed, tree stumps or pallets... But still pretty snaggy. No nets either.
Didnt catch owt but a BEAUTIFUL morning to be out... Didn't get robbed or stabbed so thats a winner in my books (dont think many robbers/stabbers about that early). Got free chips for my effort from the cafe under the prom So another win there as well.
Really nice to be out with my rod again.
Good luck.
Xxx
I watched some bloke fishing the donut groyne amd he didn't catch owt either.
X

Registered
Fished shoreham beach last night the tide was strong nr the church of the good shep so moved east a bit it was fine caught a few whiting a rocking and missed another big one as it ripped my brand new rod and tripod halfway down the beach !!! Going again tonight if I get out of work early enough!

Registered
it was myself who had a problem by the banjo in brighton and it hasnt stopped me fishing it, even at night. Im heading down there very soon for an evening tide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts