World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont cast well ... just the usual 70 yards with an overhead thump thing ... but I want to try and get some more distance. I saw a couple of videos of a cast called the Brighton cast (it also seems to be called the easy cast) ...... would this be a good cast to start learning?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Any casting style is very powerful if done correctly,self teaching can lead to bad habbits that are really hard to get out of..do yourself a favour and go to a casting event, think westwood is your closes..you will learn quicker if you do

·
Registered
307 Posts
There's other factors that influence your distance beyond technique. I added 20 yards by switching from 18lb to 12lb line.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi,

as i was unable to teach myself (no casting instructors over here in germany) OTG and Pendulum correctly, i decided to try the Brighton cast after found this :

http://www.peterthain.co.uk/2012/04/the-brighton-style/

really love the instructions, and it improved my distance (lead only) from 110yds to 140yds in just 2 short sessions ( measured with a laser distance meter).

And more to come...

regards Marco

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I took a 14ft rod to the beach today and tried the Brighton cast ... following the instructions from the link above that basslawine kindly provided I was very quickly casting considerably further than I have ever cast ... and not only that ... I was doing it on every cast and smoothly without any strain or undue effort. It really does work. Thanks for the advice here!

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
It's a very easy way to cast and does really thump your bait out there with not much effort
There's some videos on YouTube from terry Carroll doing the Brighton cast,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.