World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Down on the east arm of brighton marina, blowy and sunny on peg 16. Fancy a bit of a long session but will see hoe it goes :)
A few people around but not seen anything landed yet

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I would have popped down top join you Richard for a while but I'm completely buggered from last nights session :sad: I'm giving it a break now for a while until this bloody has cleared away :cc_surren

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gl trikky im give btn beach a go tonight if u still about come say hi
If i pack in early will wander down, but the plan is to stay out all night.

So far 3 bream and 2 pouting, quite a bit of weed far out but nothing within 20m ish.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow .... Decent sized bass just been cruising a couple of metres from the wall ... Followed by a lot of people. Looked around 7 / 8 lb and only just below surface

·
Registered
142 Posts
wow really ! thats interesting... seeing as theres been a lot of people blanking for bass recently...
big one broad daylight 2 hours after high tide !
was that the east arm tricky ? was it up the deep end or near the beach ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow really ! thats interesting... seeing as theres been a lot of people blanking for bass recently...
big one broad daylight 2 hours after high tide !
was that the east arm tricky ? was it up the deep end or near the beach ?
Yep, east arm. Cruised from at least peg 20 , past me on 16 and think it went around peg 10 all at a slow walking pace.
One small bass taken from the higher number pegs, mackerel been here most of afternoon in dribs and drabs. A red mullet and gurnard taken further round as well .. But only small.
So far had 3 bream and 4 pouting ... But switched to bigger hooks and baits now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been a bit quiet. Got a nice little thornback and starting to get bites now

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just had a little schoolie, just over a lb ... Now for mum and dad :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Even with larger bait and hooks still got a pouting ... So he is back as live bait

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Live bait worked :) another schoolie

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

Back home now :) Been good and all fishing gear cleaned and squared away, laundry on and had nice long bath. Was going to catch some zzz's but felt a bit peckish … Then realised that I had only had a banana to eat yesterday so pasta thingy in oven. Whilst that is cooking thought I would continue the story and fill in a few gaps.

I had originally intended to fish the Banjo Groyne but on arriving at the Tackle Box in the marina I realised that I had forgotten my tripod so decided to return to the East Wall.

Then all went as described above, here's a couple of pictures of the two bass :

Around 1 AM the sky cleared, the wind died down …. And the weed arrived with vengeance.

I got a descent rattle on the rod loaded with Lug tipped with Squid and pulled in this 3.5lb Pouting :) :

OK …. So about 3 pounds of that weight was weed but it was still made a nice change from the usual micro pout.

The weed got worse and apart from another micro pout nothing was happening, it did take me nearly 10 minutes to land one stubborn raft of weed … I did think I was going to need to use the drop net but, luckily, enough dropped off for me to handline it in.

The weed disappeared as quickly as it came and I had a little rattle around 4.00 AM. Now, you might know I have been after a flattie for a while so was delighted to pull this in :

Not big, but was happy anyway :) Also not sure what it is … But that can wait until after some food and sleep.

Finished up around 7 AM and the final tally was :

3 Bream
2 Bass
6 Pouting
1 Thornback Ray
1 Flattie of some sort
4 Tonnes of weed

And to finish a bit of friendly advice … Also some supporting evidence for my application to be Numpty of the year :)

When it gets early in the morning after a long session do try and concentrate. If you want to change to a rig with smaller hooks but don't have one it is perfectly acceptable to cut of the hooks from one rig and tie on smaller hooks ….. However …. When baiting up MAKE SURE you are putting the worm on one of the hooks you have just tied on AND NOT on one that you have just cut off :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Folks,

Back home now :) Been good and all fishing gear cleaned and squared away, laundry on and had nice long bath. Was going to catch some zzz's but felt a bit peckish … Then realised that I had only had a banana to eat yesterday so pasta thingy in oven. Whilst that is cooking thought I would continue the story and fill in a few gaps.

I had originally intended to fish the Banjo Groyne but on arriving at the Tackle Box in the marina I realised that I had forgotten my tripod so decided to return to the East Wall.

Then all went as described above, here's a couple of pictures of the two bass :

Around 1 AM the sky cleared, the wind died down …. And the weed arrived with vengeance.

I got a descent rattle on the rod loaded with Lug tipped with Squid and pulled in this 3.5lb Pouting :) :

OK …. So about 3 pounds of that weight was weed but it was still made a nice change from the usual micro pout.

The weed got worse and apart from another micro pout nothing was happening, it did take me nearly 10 minutes to land one stubborn raft of weed … I did think I was going to need to use the drop net but, luckily, enough dropped off for me to handline it in.

The weed disappeared as quickly as it came and I had a little rattle around 4.00 AM. Now, you might know I have been after a flattie for a while so was delighted to pull this in :

Not big, but was happy anyway :) Also not sure what it is … But that can wait until after some food and sleep.

Finished up around 7 AM and the final tally was :

3 Bream
2 Bass
6 Pouting
1 Thornback Ray
1 Flattie of some sort
4 Tonnes of weed

And to finish a bit of friendly advice … Also some supporting evidence for my application to be Numpty of the year :)

When it gets early in the morning after a long session do try and concentrate. If you want to change to a rig with smaller hooks but don't have one it is perfectly acceptable to cut of the hooks from one rig and tie on smaller hooks ….. However …. When baiting up MAKE SURE you are putting the worm on one of the hooks you have just tied on AND NOT on one that you have just cut off :)
nice report and nice fish well done mate :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts