World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick report: Fished the East arm of Brighton Marina yesterday from 6pm through until about 2.30am. Bay 32 to start with then a short move to 36 a bit later. No wind. Flat calm, clear sea. No weed to speak of. Was especially interested in fishing the low water (10.30 approx) period for Bass.

Fished Mackerel head on a long link running ledger for Bass and used lug on a size 4 two hook flapper. Could only get one wrap of lug so used very small pieces to make it last longer. As it happened, it ran out very quickly and resorted to small pieces of Mackerel instead.

Final result was: Two small schoolies, one small Bream, loads of Pout and one small Red Mullet falling to lug and a small Thornnie and a Scad on the Mackerel. I did feather for some fresh Mackerel at dusk but only managed one. Nothing at all on the Bass rod, even live baited with the Pout but nothing interested in it.

Disappointed at not getting anything decent - especially on the Bass front but it was a decent evening out.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
nice report but hard luck on the Bass.I left around 5.30 {think i saw you in the tackle box} and it was bream most of the day but i did get 3 small red mullet and a chap next to me had 1,i wish they were bigger as they such lovely tasting fish,where are all the bl33dy mackerel i need to stock up

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Welldone Vic at least you caught a few, I will be taking my Daughter and Craigs son down there tomorrow morning for a general fish.

All the best.

Andy

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
nice going Vic just a shame no big bass for you this time mate...... off down there on friday for my first trip down the marina in months (apart from franky & benny's!)....would like a red mullet myself as its a species i have never managed to catch:huh:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Red Mullet was my first from the marina - had a few at other places over the years but never there. Pity they're not a bit bigger though - I luv 'em in a pan.

Last night had great conditions for the low water Bass but someone obviously forgot to invite the buggers

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The Red Mullet was my first from the marina - had a few at other places over the years but never there. Pity they're not a bit bigger though - I luv 'em in a pan.

Last night had great conditions for the low water Bass but someone obviously forgot to invite the buggers
Ask Dave to open the fish gate next time :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts