World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No i know what it feels like to have a successful days fishing!

Fished between 14:00 & 17:30 Brighton Marina West Arm

Had a flattie rig tipped with Rag & Smelly Lug (from my freezer used a couple of times!) Casting not too far out, just a gentle lob.

I must also say the Rag i got from the tackle shop was Awesome. They were long chunky buggers which the Black Bream Loved!!

I caught 7 Fish in total, 6 Black Bream & 1 Golden Spotted Mullet!

2 Keepers in total, 1 Black Bream & 1 Golden Spotted Mullet! Out of all the Mullet put up the best fight! Weighing 1LB 8OZ & 1LB 6oz respectively!

Not sure how to add pics on here! When i get my head round that i will post them!

Regards

Trev

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
nice going fella a good little session you had there......look forward to the pic's.........i normally just upload mine from my computer using the attachment icon (paper clip)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Drenai,

It was 1lb 6 Oz & the Mullet was 1lb 8oz.

I think i might have been at a bay with a nice rocky bottom! The people to my left and right didn't seem to have much luck! Although maybe their hooks were too big or they didn't have the Tackle Boxs Premium Special Rag!

From Yesterday and Saturday the walls seem to be fishing well with Plenty of Bream About!

Might get down some night this week although unsure if i will be bass hunting or going for bream again!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Nice fishing trev. Been the best year for bream that I have seen since 2002 when I arrived from sunny Essex. Yet the day before, with big swells running the walls, they were nowhere to be seen!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
hi scoopster good ses there was that east or west arm ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ Fishyrob,

It was good fun! I read your post on the other threat and i think i was a little lucky. I cast out with a gentle lob and had bites within minutes. Nice tip on the 2 rod casting till they meet to find their feeding ground.

Hope your fishing sessions have been going well!

@Dodgydown

Was on the west arm low bay numbers. On Sat past i was fishing the far section on the west arm which gets opened up when busy. Bream where also being caught here, I was mackerel bashing to test my new Rod and didn't have the right rig set up. So yesterday i took the easy option rather than rig up! I bought a couple of flattie rigs from the tackle box which did the trick!

Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
There were loads of goldies on saturday on the east arm, my dad managed to sneak out 3 thick lips and lost another two on bread. Werent that many fish on sunday in our comp, only a few gars, wrasse, eels and a goldie or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts