World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Some questions Robin

Has anyone ever livebaited a squid? I'd think the Bass are quite keen on them right now.

Why can't they be hooked on a normal hook. Is it worth trying small trebles?

What time were your Bass bites. About 9.00-10.00?

thanks

Judge

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some questions Robin

Has anyone ever livebaited a squid? I'd think the Bass are quite keen on them right now.

Why can't they be hooked on a normal hook. Is it worth trying small trebles?

What time were your Bass bites. About 9.00-10.00?

thanks

Judge
Crikey. ..... Ok, IMHO even a very big bass would be intimidated by 3 or 4lb of sucker enabled tube with a very big beak. More likely to catch Dolphin or Sperm Whale.
They just dont get hooked on a normal hook, unless you are very lucky. I reckon about one in fifty maybe. And then you would have to drop net it. I've done it with cuttlefish, but not with squid. I've prevously tried the trebles for the cuttles, with prawns as bait, with some success. But what we eally need, is a wire bait spike with the squid pins at the bottom. Then we could utilise prawns and pouting, and get just as many cuttles.
Bass, probably was, if you mean p.m.

Your welcome.....:)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Full report and piccies on my diary - www.fishyrob.co.uk then click DIARY then click 19th. In brief, Garfish, squid and bass!!
Great website Rob and I wish I had enough time to be as obsessed as you, don't get me wrong I am obsessed but most of the time for me it is in my head:g::blink:.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great website Rob and I wish I had enough time to be as obsessed as you, don't get me wrong I am obsessed but most of the time for me it is in my head:g::blink:.

Cheers
Tony
Its not just time. You need serious psychiatric issues also. Especially the last couple of months. Things starting to happen now though......... Cheers for the kind words about the site. Thats what keeps me doing it!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hi ya Rob..hope the casting is going well.......will both have to go get some stingers at some time

MrB

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
keep it local...with plenty of pics

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
slayer popped by my house this evening, he had 3 squid all about 3lb. he gave me one and they are massive!!!

really big, so tomorrow im having BBQ squid with chilli!! mmm..! it also leaves me some as bait for next weekend,

Jamie

·
Registered
111 Posts
nice report rob as always and i always enjoy your site. i was also out on the hove beachs and the d-vice was doing the biz again with some nice flounders. will mail you the pics soon.
regards mark h.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts