World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Got Up 4.45. Got Down To The Marina In The Dingy. Low Tide At This Time 6.20am. Looked Around The Reefs Water Very Clear. Lots Of Red Weed Close In The Water. So Headed Off To The East Wall About 200 Yds From The Beach. Stuck On Rapala Worked That In About 6 Ft Of Water In And Out The Reefs. Not 1 Take. Good Start. Lasted About Hour. So Off To The West Wall. Same Result After An Hour. Well Getting A Little Cold At This Time, Ne Wind Blowing. So Headed Off To Brighton Pier. Worked The Pier Twice, Guess What Not 1 Take. By This Time Was Thinking Was It Worth It. Weather Getting Rather Cloudy By Now So Instead Of Getting Struck By Lightning Went Off To Shoreham Harbour. On The Way Run Over A Few Shoals Of Something With The Dingy. Lots Of Splashes, And Rings. On Went The Feathers, No Joy. Got 2 The Harbour Entrance, Again Run Over Shoals Of Something Just As You Come In. With Feathers Still On No Joy. Went Up River To The Toll Bridge. Saw The Biggest Fish In A Long Time. Jumped Right Out In Front Of Me . Looked Like A Huge Mullet But Could Be A Sea Trout Or A Bass. Must Have Been About 7 Or 9 Pound. Still Looking At The Scenery Around The Adur Was More Fun Than The Fishing. Was A Bad Day Not 1 Fish. I Think I Will Reconsider Fishing As A Bad Hobbie. Been 4 Times This Year And Not 1 Fish What Is Going On. Looks Like Blue Was Right Fishing Is Dead. I Can Confidently Agree With Him Unless I Get Proved Otherwise.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Hi about the same as us at Newhaven apart from our mackeral first thing. Even they seemed very shy we did best with the engine off casting to where we saw them or the whitebait surface.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts