World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to give The Marina a whirl this weekend. If anyone else fancys it let me know!!

Probably going to drive down first thing and get there around 9,30 - 10am nothing to strenuous. Just a pleasant mini session.

Will let you know how i get on!!!!

Grant.

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
how's the marina fishing at the moment?best rigs/bait/areas to fish on there, never fished it before but may do tomorrow nite instead of the admiralty if it's fishing well

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Will probably fish a float down the inside with Rag, Mackerel strip etc for Gars, Wrasse and maybe a small Pollock sure there will be some Slugs as well!!!! And fish a static further out with worm baits initially but chop and change throughout the day. If there are any Mackerel showing i will have a crack at them and take a few for the BBQ!!!!

Just a bit of fun the Mrs can sun herself and read her book (and also help me carry the gear!!:black_eye )

Cheers,

Grant.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I Will probably fish a float down the inside with Rag, Mackerel strip etc for Gars, Wrasse and maybe a small Pollock sure there will be some Slugs as well!!!! And fish a static further out with worm baits initially but chop and change throughout the day. If there are any Mackerel showing i will have a crack at them and take a few for the BBQ!!!!

Just a bit of fun the Mrs can sun herself and read her book (and also help me carry the gear!!:black_eye )

Cheers,

Grant.
Sounds spot on with tactics Blue Moon. Fished last Sunday and quite a few biggish Wrasse (1-2lb) came up to King Rag fished close to the East arm wall on ledger or float. AS you say, Garfish & Pollack made up the rest but a friend of mine also had some big mackerel on the East last week. Aslo Bass showing off Hove beaches so you never know.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Judge,

Looking forward to getting down and having a crack. Did your mate take the Mackerel on feathers or float?? And what sort of distance were they at and what Bay were you fishing?? and and and and!!!! sorry mate 20 questions!!!

Grant.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think high is at around 8am and then again in the evening at 8,30 ish any thoughts on fishing From High Tide down in the morning, or do you reckon its best to fish the afternoon up to high in the evening????

LAST QUESTION I PROMISE!!!!!

G.

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
what about fishing at night guys?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what about fishing at night guys?
I would love to but the Mrs aint that keen:nonono: (something to do with Sunshine:g: , not quite sure what she was banging on about but hey!!)!!!!

Said we would have a picnic this weekend as the weathers nice and sneak some fishing in as well two birds one stone etc!!!!!

The marina from memory seems to fish well during the night i have had some great night sessions for Whiting on the East arm and Andy Atkins has a cracking Smutt last year at night of over 10 l/b. Iam sure Bream etc will become more active at night.

Grant.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I understand there are a fair number of squid being taken from both walls if you possess a squid jig!:secret:

Andy
:notworthy Member of SAS:notworthy

·
Registered
685 Posts
i fished the marina on tuesday and although a little slow i ended up with around 25 fish all small wrasse, pollack, blennies etc but good fun on a carp rod and light float gear around the wall, there were a couple of poeple fish for the squid up on the arm and i bumped into Slayer up there with his new hair cut!

only heard of a couple of mackeral being caught and a couple of small gars but the arm was packed and the results did n't make great reading still it was a nice afternoon for a few hours floating, the mullet in the harbour were topping and rolling in the sunshine and a few bigger fish were noted on the outside but i did n't have any luck with them!

good luck today i was going to pop down but the weather has turned a bit and i was n't sure whether i was going to the worthing match or not!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts