World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arrived at the east arm of the marina about 11am, got a nice soaking and was looking at staying wet for the rest of the day. although due to the werather, when i arrived there were only 3 other anglers on the whole of the arm.
shelter up and i put out a couple of worm baits on small hooks, this resulted in instant takes from the bream, 6 in total and 2 of which sizeable.
after a small time of inactivity, my second rod hooped over and was pointing out to sea! This resulted in a small smoothhound of 38cm. not a bad start to my session. all went quiet after this and as more anglers arrived to mob the marina once again i decided in a chasnge of secenary.
a short drive and a stop at lagoon to re-bait i decided to fish the west arm at shoreham (not been here since i was 12).
as i arrived the tide was on its was out, most other anglers were leaving, making the place quiet and plesent to fish.
shoreham resulted in a few more bream and 2 tub gurnard of arround 1-1.5lb, a new species for me and an enjoyable days fishing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds like a good day, thinking of taking a drive down there today myself.

What bait were the gurnards coming to? and was it inside or outside?

Cheers

Trigger

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
both gurnards too half a peeler, one inside and one outside. seems like they like a moveing bait, had one literally on drop of the cast, and the other hit the bait so fast, gave me a massive take for a 1lb fish!!!
also heard a few coming out on black and rag

1 - 4 of 4 Posts