World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the east arm from 7.30am -1.30 around bay 24 using frozen lug and squid,there was not too much weed about,around 8ish i got a nice bream followed by another then a nice dab.I then chucked out the feathers 2nd cast a mackerel and then another bream on the other rod it then went quite around 10.30/11 so i moved down a few pegs and was rewarded with another bream and then a small red mullet a first for me,all in all was pleased with 4 species.AS the tide went out the weed came back but not much of a problem

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
I fished the east arm from 7.30am -1.30 around bay 24 using frozen lug and squid,there was not too much weed about,around 8ish i got a nice bream followed by another then a nice dab.I then chucked out the feathers 2nd cast a mackerel and then another bream on the other rod it then went quite around 10.30/11 so i moved down a few pegs and was rewarded with another bream and then a small red mullet a first for me,all in all was pleased with 4 species.AS the tide went out the weed came back but not much of a problem
Nice fishing!! I'm hoping the red mullet will really thicken up on this calm spell that is forecast. Excellent eating!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are red mullet usually caught on the marina and what size do they go to? because i love them, very tasty fish

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
are red mullet usually caught on the marina and what size do they go to? because i love them, very tasty fish
Site mod Andy Colmer and friend came down a couple of years ago, early October I seem to remember. A so so night session became an amazing one in the morning at first light, with triple shots of red mullet. Andy had 17, his mate 13. Biggest bag I have ever heard of, and part of the reason the marina is a bit special!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great fishing limpetboy. I was told 2 days ago that the Marina arms were all clogged up with weed but you've proved that wrong. Glad you caught some decent fish and I look forward to meeting you one day. On the East arm of course. Tight lines.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks rob it would be nice to get a few more, the one i got today is now going on the griddle and one of the bream is sashimi can not beat it:happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts