World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the hour and 20 min drive down to the marina and fished the east arm, just before the start of the rocks. arrived at around 10am and fished through till 5pm. Several baits tried but the only bait that was working was king rag straight down the wall. Met a couple of nice chaps too my right who had been fishing for a few days non stop :thumbs:

I had my son and mrs with me, we caught most of this from a couple of hours after high tide, no specimen fish but all new species for us.
:yeah:

6 x blennys
1 x grey Gurnard
3 x pollack
1 x black bream
2 x Ballan Wrasse
1 x RockCook Wrasse

A very muched enjoyed day out by all of us.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Thats a good little mixed bag. How did the long stay guys get on?
Any sign of the Mackerel through the day?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a lot of mackrel, I only saw 2-3 come up all day.

The guys had mainly Bream I think, one of them said they had 40 bream, most of them caught on Saturday. They were releasing all their fish :)

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i was fishing over the rock.s with the white t shirt on nice to meet you hope you had a good day the marina can fish very well but not yestarday only got 3 wrasse and a pout in the match

·
Registered
156 Posts
fished the end of the east ar last night, arrived just after 2am and fished till 7am.
in total caught
1, slip sole
9, bream, 2 of which sizeable
countless pouting
5, horse mackerel
2, tom pot blennys
1, spider crab
7, mackerel
no massive fish but a good mixed bag for few hours fishing

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mrcrabs, I know who you are :) Nice to meet you also, will try the marina again soon, maybe a night session without the family this time.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
it.s good to get the family involved one of my boy.s comes all the time with me he even take. s part in my club comp.s but it is nice to fish bye yourself some times the marina can fish well for bass arfter a big blow

·
Registered
156 Posts
really huge shoals, the sun had barely started to. they were there for about 25 min's unil the hoards started to turn up and throw feathers at them every 5 seconds. caught enough for the bbq and bait freezer though.
fishy rob will have to look into investing in a session or two with you, i am still fairly new to the sea angling game.
what style of angling and species would you recomend, end septeber/ start of october time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts