World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got up at the crack of dawn, (04:15) actually, and round to pick my dad up at 05:30 who volunteered to keep me company. Got to the Marina and was fishing by 06:45 - bay 24 on the East arm.

Plan was to get my species count up for the year ... hopefully a blenny or pout from down one of the V's.

Had manky old refrozen mackerel, fresh squid, frozen blacks and ragworm.

Put out one rod with 2 pop ups on with the manky mackerel. Straight in with a flounder of about 10z.

Rebaited and chucked back out.

Put my other rod out - 3 hook flapper with frozen blacks and squid strip, hoping for a late season plaice.

Next up was the pop ups rig again - double shot of sizeable tub gurnards.

Chucked back out.

On the other rod a bite had developed - 41cm plaice - very skinny - only went 1lb 2oz.

Put a rod down the well - size 6 hook with ragworm for a blenny, the usual vicious bites but couldn't hook up. Scaled down to a size 10 hook and I got my blenny.

Pop up rig continued to catch, 2 mackerel, a 14oz tub gurnard, and a 14oz black bream - all on the manky mackerel strips. The other rod also caught a mackerel on manky mackerel fished on the bottom.

All in all, a very good days fishing.

Got my tea, caught 6 species and left at 11 oclock before the rain came in.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Great result. That’s the beauty of fishing a local venue, you can take advantage of any break in the weather. Not been too great here in deepest, darkest Surrey, raining from about 9am and no sign of it giving up any time soon. Bob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts