World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Marina with my son Steve today from 8:30 - 3:00pm. Little bit windy in the morning, with some breaking waves in the vees. Fished round the bend and pretty busy. Few bits and pieces on the flood, garfish, mackerel, plaice and one tub gurnard. Caught all on two hook clipped rigs with pop-up on top snood. Garfish mostly good size, but plaice small as were the mackerel. Gurnard was about 35cm. Kept the few mackerel for autumn bass bait, but freezer still needs topping up. Very quiet over top of tide, but a few more plaice showed about an hour into the ebb, even managed one on the popped up mackerel! Plenty of people feathering, but not many mackerel showing. Wind dropped after high tide and would have been nice to stay later, as conditions were perfect. Hey-ho, son had to get back for domestic stuff, so we called it a day.

Warden advised that the walls are likely to be closed for the next three days due to incoming weather, so best check with the Tackle Box if you are planning a trip. Cheers, Bob.

·
Registered
499 Posts
There's plenty who would be very happy with a few plaice to 31cm.....

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasn't that much better on the beach today Bob. At least you managed a mixed bag of fish. I only managed a few plaice to 31cm. Still beats being at home.
Just fancied a change of venue, Peter, and nice to get a few different species. Was good to spend a bit of time with my son in the sunshine, chewing the fat

Plaice on popped up Mackerel.....! You are different class boi. :cool2:
Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it Al. Told you last week about the pink hair-rigged jelly babies...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts