World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
off to the marina with some friends for a much deserved fish. whats being caught down there at the mo? any good? we are hopefully fishing 6am onwards, untill all bait runs out, prob going with mackerel and rag, anything else worth taking? any tips/help would be much appreciated!
thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Fished it yesterday when it was pretty rough. Between 5 of us we had 7 pout, 1 blenny and a smoothound pup. So to be honest it is fishing quite poor.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Fished it yesterday when it was pretty rough. Between 5 of us we had 7 pout, 1 blenny and a smoothound pup. So to be honest it is fishing quite poor.
Unlucky Poutmagnet. Looking out the window, its a very different day today. Very calm and settled. If it stays that way till wednesday, all sorts of good fishing will be viable!!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
yup going down tonight as I missed out last night due to unforeseen circumstances.

Will be my first outing for a while so looking forward to it no matter the catch is (or not).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what are the chances of catching a smoothhound/dog fish during the day? havnt ever caught either and would like to give it a go!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Unlucky Poutmagnet. Looking out the window, its a very different day today. Very calm and settled. If it stays that way till wednesday, all sorts of good fishing will be viable!!
Did young richard tell you what my brother caught on the east arm on sunday? 2 Thick Lips upto 3lb and a 4lb 8oz Bass.
Apparently theres no fish on the arms :hammer:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Fished it last night on the East arm, was ok to start with but the weed seemed to get worse as the hours passed and a brisk easterly breeze set in. I gave up at around 1130pm as the weed was clogging up the gear soon after casting. Couldn't fish in close to the wall as I had planned so was fishing further out but was still hitting the crap.

Anyway, ended up with several smut pups on crab and rag.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Did young richard tell you what my brother caught on the east arm on sunday? 2 Thick Lips upto 3lb and a 4lb 8oz Bass.
Apparently theres no fish on the arms :hammer:
Nice going from Ben. I reckon he has the potential to take both you and your old man on as his experience increases. Ruptions at the Arnold sunday roast are predicted......:thumbs:

More mullet on the arms than up the River at the moment it would seem..... :(

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Yep. He has prime Devon peelers, although they do fetch prime Devon peeler prices. Still, worth every penny with the quality of hound fishing on our patch at the moment.
he would not pay there price.s he has just had some big **** crab from essex

1 - 14 of 14 Posts