World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two sessions over the weekend.

8/4/07 - Marina East arm bay 1 from high-3 to high+1. Four 8oz pollack on the prawn and endless small wrasse on crab and rag. A few mackerel reported on the West arm and one report of a big flattie catch at low tide after dark on the west.

9/4/07 - 3 hours over high on river Adur upstream of railway bridge. Excellent flounder session, lots of bites and 6 landed between my friend Greg and me. Best fish 42cm (1lb 12oz approx) and 4 others touching the 1lb mark. All on crab.

Also the crabs seem to have started peeling on the reefs east of Brighton. The biggest Adur flounder came to a reef crab.

· Registered
5,565 Posts

8/4/07 - Marina East arm bay 1 from high-3 to high+1. Four 8oz pollack on the prawn and endless small wrasse on crab and rag. A few mackerel reported on the West arm and one report of a big flattie catch at low tide after dark on the west.

9/4/07 - 3 hours over high on river Adur upstream of railway bridge. Excellent flounder session, lots of bites and 6 landed between my friend Greg and me. Best fish 42cm (1lb 12oz approx) and 4 others touching the 1lb mark. All on crab.

Also the crabs seem to have started peeling on the reefs east of Brighton. The biggest Adur flounder came to a reef crab.
River session sounded quite good - the EX Penn Sea League chump is fishing up the Adur at the moment (before he checks his crab traps) between Railway bridge and Toll Bridge as there is a match there Thursday evening.... will let you know what he gets.

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
River session sounded quite good - the EX Penn Sea League chump is fishing up the Adur at the moment (before he checks his crab traps) between Railway bridge and Toll Bridge as there is a match there Thursday evening.... will let you know what he gets.
Yeah, I reckon a decent match angler could have caught 9 or 10 over the period that I was there. I probably only hit 40% of the bites, about my usual rate with crab. Spoke to someone as I was leaving who mentioned the match Thursday evening, could've been the chump but I didn't recognise this guy from the Worthing matches.

· Registered
5,565 Posts
Spoke to him a minute ago. He had two flounders almost as soon as he got there and missed one but not getting many bites now. Chances are it was him you spoke to as he mentioned he spoke to a couple of anglers (he probably had a blue sea box, Ford Focus estate car and hes by the pipe on the west side of the river).

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok here's my friend Greg's 42cm flounder. His first flounder and a cracker I think. No big deal perhaps but felt like a good fish after 2 months of scraps.

Attachments

· Registered
460 Posts

Had a session up the river this afternoon had 8 flounders and 3 scoolies between 3 of us, flounders were all sizeable biggest 34cm, a lovely afternoon, left at 6,30 pm, fish were biting well on the up. all returned,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.