World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend Kevin (also a boat owner in Brighton) set off in my boat about 8.30am to some mystery wreck he had the numbers for known as the 15 miler?
After putting it in the chartplotter we find its 17 miles out so off we go on a flat calm sea and an hour or so later find ourselfs on the mark with nothing but flat seabed to be seen on the fishfinder.
Looking on the plotter there is a wreck marked not far away so we head that way and soon pick up the wreck between kevin`s numbers and the C-Map wreck position on the plotter.
It came up about 45 feet from the seabed and looked a good size wreck.
We done a few drifts with Kevin on shads and me on Redgills with a few bangs but no hook ups.Kevin then got hit hard and battle commenced.

soon a Pollack of about 10-11lb broke the surface.

I ended up on that wreck with nothing and after god knows how many more drifts off we went to another wreck we hadn`t been to before.
We soon found it and set about it with shads, about 3rd drift and after a few bangs Kevin hooks into another fish and brings up another Pollack 10-12lb .

A few more drifts get me a couple of Pollack but only small then after losing a big one I managed to get one on the boat about 6-7lb.

That was as well as we done and after looking for another wreck on the way back to the marina which we never found we called it a day.
Not a monster catch but a personal best Pollack for Kevin so he was happy and I was chuffed to see it happen.
I`ll be back out there soon for the one that always seems to get away.
Roll on the Bream.

Alan

C

·
0 Posts
Some nice fish there Alan. I was out of Herne Bay today on flat calm water wishing I was out in the channel on a wreck. All I ended up with was a single dogfish. At least the other 3 on the boat all caught their first Thornbacks.
Roll on next weekend and Carrick Lee. Forecast looking good too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good report & pics Alan - the sea (and the Pollack) looked very similar to my trip out on Friday.

Fingers & toes crossed for all of us on the Carrick Lee trips next Fri & Sun.

Best wishes, Mick.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Nice report and nice pics,that sea looks fantastic.Im sooo gutted 4 days of work
the best weekend for weather this year and i couldnt go fishing.:doh:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope you survived the trip out on rons boat today, keep those numbers a secret ..

Tilefish

a.k.a Kevin
I see you sneeked on here Kev.

Can you take that hat off next time a take a pic :p

Alan

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Question, When you find out let me know !!!

Maybe just the way the weather has been, It was much warmer then and the water temp was a lot higher also.

Alan

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
hi do you think then we are just have a proper spring now as opposed to a globel warming influenced one? cheers andy ...great photos

C

·
0 Posts
This winter seems to have been a lot colder for longer than last year, so it will take longer for the water to warm up.
A good warm spell now should speed things up a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts