World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Brill!!

3K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  ivafatRRRs 
#1 ·
Went out yesterday for a turbot bash, didn't get one but did have this little guy! BRILL!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
It's a brill I took tho photos I have it in my sea aquarium it's a brill smooth skin thrill on the front of its body the black spot on its back and no lumps in its skin ow and one more thing its a BRILL!! That's the big give away noddys

#8 ·
Defo a brill well done nice fish

#11 ·
As been said before,turbots have little lumps on there skin on top and brill are just smooth.

#12 ·
OMG are you for reel it's a brill how can you not see that it's like saying a flounder is a plaice they look nothing alike I've had at least 150 turbot in my lifetime and several brill my dad had the Wessex record for brill it's a BRILL!! Get over it it's a achievement we have been trying for for a long time and to see one come up the beach was amazing now stop trying to think you know it all coz you clearly don't!!

#13 ·
If you own a smart phone download the whatfish UK app on fish identification if you look on there there's plenty of pictures of me with turbot and brill not hard to see the difference

#14 ·
OMG are you for reel it's a brill how can you not see that it's like saying a flounder is a plaice they look nothing alike I've had at least 150 turbot in my lifetime and several brill my dad had the Wessex record for brill it's a BRILL!! Get over it it's a achievement we have been trying for for a long time and to see one come up the beach was amazing now stop trying to think you know it all coz you clearly don't!!
Ask a civil question, get a teenage answer...

Chill for a minute and re-read my post. I wasn't disputing whether it was a brill or not, was just hoping whether from the pictures you could point out the differences to look for ie longer jaw, shorter tail, whatever.
Not having both fishies in front of me, I can hardly fondle their lumps, or lack of.

Personally I don't care whether it's a brill, a turbot or a ****in halibut, makes no difference to me.
Remember, everyone who asks a question on here isn't having a dig - sometimes a question is just a question.

Well done on getting your target species anyway.

(And re the whatfish app, if my phone supported it, I would download it, but until I get an upgrade I'm stuck with the poxy Nokia OS....)

#16 ·
It's a brill I took tho photos I have it in my sea aquarium it's a brill smooth skin thrill on the front of its body the black spot on its back and no lumps in its skin ow and one more thing its a BRILL!! That's the big give away noddys
is that how you always talk to people that answer your thread and dont say what YOU want them too ? If the turbot or brill, whatever you say it is had as big a head as yours id be over there like a shot , as it is , i reckon your beaches are safe as it is,:showoff: we have plenty of babys like that down our way and a few on here it seems , i wont be conversing with you again thats for sure .

#17 ·
I shouldnt shout too loudly that youve got it in your aquarium.Unless the fella in the photos got big hands.

#18 ·
i know many people who left this site due to people being nit picky and pathetic why people cant just say nice fish m8 well done no its always going to be the same on here bunch of key bored warriors!!! i will no longer post my reports as the turbot where my first ever posts on here hope you all have a good productive fishing year as im sure we will if any of you figure out where and how to catch fish of the marks i fish im sure i will see you on the beach ow and the guy holding the brill does have big hands hes a beast

#20 ·
Here we go more wsf hardcore warriors all bark no bite lets hope we all run into each other on the beach one day soon aye then see who can chat **** as for me I will stop posting delete my wsf profile and not bother again and just stick to doing what I do best fishing and not get ****ed of with the wsf massive lol

#21 ·
All bark and no bite.. what's that supposed to mean? YOU are the one who started mouthing off, so pop your dummy back in and maybe read the posts before you start getting lippy to people!

See who can chat *****? you honestly think you're something special don't you! you need to pull your head out your own backside... you want to gob off then come see me on the beach one day, I'll look forward to it!

#22 ·
Blimey, getting a boner over a 1lb turbot lmao, this site cracks me up.

#24 ·
woof woof :boxing: :doh::blahblah:

Lovely fish!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.