World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

wondering wether any of you have fished in between the two severn bridges on the endland side? i tried late summer over there with some rag and had a few silver eels but am wondering what other species may be lurking in the rapids come the winter season as i am looking to broaden my horizons and try some other venues?

thanks!

I

·
0 Posts
hi m8 are you on about sudbrook which is on u r left as you leave gods country where there are ledges ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really sure. last time i fished, i went over the bridge from the welsh side ( new bridge ) and turned right off the roundabout. there's a small lane there and i was fishing directly in between the old and new bridge, on what seemed like a small estuary. have seen many episodes of henry gilbey on those ledges but have never been able to find them!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Henry Gilbey wasn't fishing between the 2 bridges he was fishing lower down at Ladye Bay in Clevedon.there is some good fishing around the bridges at Aust and Severn Beach but tides have to be right.

I

·
0 Posts
hi the ledges on the my welsh side i think is sudbrooke but i have heard about aust as a good mark and you fish near or under the bridge yeh?is that right?and i was told you need low tides for this mark is that correct any info please would be great tight lines andy iwantacod..

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
you can fish at Aust Rock which is by the old bridge or a couple of miles down but can't remember the exact name.it is something like Old Aust, i have only fished this one and you fish from a field 2 hours either side of high water.you need big tides but not springs and go in daylight first few times as water can creep in behind you.don't let the cows put you off.

·
Registered
133 Posts
There are quite a few fish between the 2 bridges on the English side but it does take a little knowledge on how to catch them. Low water spring tides produce fish, usually to casts over 100 yards out. If you go to new passage you will be a able to see the marks. Don't walk out on the mud flats at low water it gets a bit deep. High water go over to the mud ledge you can see it from New passage. Best tides are 11m to 12.5m at Avonmouth. Any lower and you will be fishing on the mud flats for a large part of the session any higher and you will be too far up the bank. At high water think about your casting distance, they may be closer in that you think! Chest waders are the order of the day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For fishing Severn Beach try the Sea Wall any good tides or for lower tides there is a spit of shingle going out a fair distance to the left (facing wales) of the sea wall.Last September caught 2 S.eels on first cast,1 on the second. Have to keep moving back as tide comes in. No bait shops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts