World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Brixham to collect 2nd hand outboard taking rods and staying a few days. Can anyone recommend places to fish? What rigs and baits work? Any info to save me going blind!

G

·
If it is shore, the only place I have fished is the 1000 yard long Brixham Breakwater. Youc an catch all sorts from there, from mini species to BIG conger. With this venue you can either bottom fish or float fish! I have seen loads of mackerel come off here. During one session, my friend had 5 on feathers and he had quite a few more behind them wondering when it is their turn. This venue can throw up anything! If you are bottom fishing be prepared to lose some tackle as it is very rocky and weedy at the base, not to sure if it is snaggey further out but the conge rlike it. Brixham breakwater once held the shore caught record conger at over 50lb.

There is always Hope's Nose, I know very little about that!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
also follow the headland round from the right of the the breakwater(facing out to sea)there is a headland called berryhead.this is a great shore/rock mark and boat mark.the boat record conger was caught here which was a whopping 130 lb.its reall dagerous because of the deep water aand big currents ,so iff you fish here make sure you fish either with some one ,bring a fone,and flares!!

to get to berry head you go right from the breakwater and acros the pebbley beach.follow the road left and you will come to a hotel called the ''berry head hotel''keep following the road into the woods and you will come to a quarry.there is a large flat concrete safe area here which is pretty good for macckerrel/pollock.there are loads of outher marks around the headland though.if you get lost ask some of the locals.

hope this helps

rh

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alll! The breakwater gave me some mackeral and I found Bery but didnt fish. Been invited to return another time for serious fishing - it looks great - what a lovely place!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts