World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just a quick one, I might be comming down to the Brixham area the last week in March, what can you expect to catch at that time of year?

Thanks,
Bill.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Funnily enough i've got that week off and been considering a trip down. From what i've heard, wrasse, whiting, flatfish and conger would be the target

·
Registered
141 Posts
Berry Head and Hopes Nose will have Mackerel Whiting Dogs mainly, for Plaice get out to the Skerries on one of the local Charter boats.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thinking of shore, pier or rock, nice and easy, drowning a worm or fish strip under a float!! simples. Or light ledgering bit of Lure fishing.

Thanks'
Bill.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The shore at that time can be really hard going. Ask Graham at Brixham Bait and Tackle where there is the best chance and he will put you right. Or go up to to the Brixham Sea Anglers' club house and introduce yourself - the natives are friendly! BSA have a Facebook page.

·
Registered
201 Posts
at the moment here there are plenty of whiting in the evening and a few conger coming out to play, some nice mackeral showing occasionaly , son had 16 today in 2 hours, there a few doggies showing ,, float fishing has produced mackeral and wrasse, this is off the breakwater, but as in all places things can change day be day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts