World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just looking for some advice, I have broken the tip ring on my abu spinning rod (and lost a rig in the process of breaking it:oops:).
Could anyone advise any shops around Llantrisant/Bridgend that would be able to fix this for me?
Also I am looking for a new reel, any opinions on the following reel?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITCHELL-701-...12|39:1|66:2|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Only getting back into fishing after a 15 year break.

Cheers

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
Hey guys,
Just looking for some advice, I have broken the tip ring on my abu spinning rod (and lost a rig in the process of breaking it:oops:).
Could anyone advise any shops around Llantrisant/Bridgend that would be able to fix this for me?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITCHELL-701-...12|39:1|66:2|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Cheers
Hi Mate I don't know to much about that Mitchell reel, one bearing is the minimum you can have so you would have to question the life expectancy and performance under pressure

My preferred choice on fixed spool reels are diawa's and shimano's they do cost more but they last (well the one's I have used do)

sorry if this adds to the confusion, is the reel for spinning only

·
Registered
153 Posts
I always use Cliff Harvey Angling Supplies for rod repairs/re-ringing. Costs next to nothing and always a top job.
The shop is on Albion Industrial Estate Cilfynydd, Pontypridd

TL

Chris

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hey guys,

Cheers
cant help to much on the rod mate! around that area, in barry tho barry angling centre would fix it up easily for you! but bound to be more local shops to you which can do it! :D:clap2::clap2:,
for a nice spinning reel i would have a look in argos mate, nice shimano one in there for 24.99 , i have the reel and its a great reel for spinning float fishing , etc , :D and really good quality with a metal spool , and great drag system on it , page 938 if u have the magizine lol , !
.... the reel on ebay might not last long its a bit plasicey , best to buy something which will last :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi buddy sorry to hear about your rod. The same thing happend to me a while ago and i went to BOBS FISHING TACKLE just down from corner park garage in Miskin. He has just done the shop out so he should have what you want. :fish:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brilliant, thanks for the help guys. Think I will call up one of the angling shops on the weekend. As for the reels thanks for the suggestions, i will keep my eyes peeled!
:yeah:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey guys,

Cheers
Keens in Aberkenfig will fix it for you. Ask for Warren.

·
Registered
25 Posts
keens is very good, but if that is out of your way then try the tackle shop in llanharan they also own a shop in newport .Ask for andrew he really is good.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Why dont you try Steve at fishing world Tonyrefail
670218 always happy to help and always good
for a deal or two if he aint got it he can get it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts