World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone help or got any useful tips !!??

I bought a Ron Thompson Firewave beachcaster last weekend and this (early) morning went out to use it for the first time.
The rod fell off the tripod rest and hit the concrete floor. This happened whilst it was still dark.

As daylight arrived I noticed that one of the middle and the tip rod eyes were distorted, and it looks like the eye insersts have broken and have come out of the eyes.

Besides the obvious that I should have been more careful, does anyone know if you can get replacement inserts or is there somewhere in the South Wales area that carries out repairs.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
mark as far as i am aware most local tackle shops will do repairs.. and i wouldnt worry about not bein careful.. it happens 2 us all from time 2 time.. if a shop cant put it right at least they r the best 1s to advise u m8 good luck..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
yea reg aspinall builds rods. i am a mate of his nephews. hes very good. should av thought of that earlier. off 2 work talk later jd..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks guys for the tips, musch appreciated.

Been to my local tackle shop earlier, he will only carry out repairs to rod tip eyes. His charge is for £4.00, not bad at all I suppose. I will have to buy the other eye with the insert and do the reair myself, or look else where. I will also try the people I bought the rod from to see what they have to say.

There is no bright side to the matter but I did catch a Codling and a small Pollack for my effort this morning.

Cheers for now......

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can support the Aspinalls suggestion if you can get to Barry, Reg I think his name is buit a lovely Century Bass for my missus as a pressie to me years ago. He's a real nice fellar to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
garry evans on whitchurch rd will get new eyes whipped on for you, and they do a great job, i had a greys rod re whiped and its like brand new

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All,

Thanks again for the tips guys. Cardiff/Barry is a bit out of the way for me but the the Riverside shop in Port Talbot sounds cool.

I met a guy this morning whilst fisihing at Aberavon beach who also recommended the same shop. So I will get down there next W/E and check it out.

Caught nowt this morning though and was there from 5:30 am to 8:30 am (keen or what !!!!!) new time. The guy next to me caught the tinest plaice I ever seen it was quite comical as we both had nothing for our troubles.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts