World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Broughty Ferry 05:00 to 09:00 then Newport on Tay 09:45 to 14:00. Tide LT=04:20 HT=11:15, bait mackie,bluey,herring,lugworm.Weather warm,dry,sunny,water clear calm.

Cast out and started to film a look around and spotted knocks on one of my rods. Grabbed rod and struck and found myself bringing in two fish a codling and a short spined sea scorpion good start i thought. It was quite a while before my next bite which turned out to be another codling. I was actually hoping i might catch a silver eel but that was not to be. An hour later landed a small coalfish followed half an hour later by another codling. After this things just seemed to die down a couple of small bites but coming to nothing then it was a case of casting out and bringing in empty hooks. Think i was just feeding the crabs. After a while i had had enough and decided to move elsewhere I headed over to Newport on Tay.

So at Newport it was good while before i seen my first bite a small flounder followed soon after by another small flounder. I had spotted sea trout jumping out in the water and i thought i might be able to catch one, it's been a while but it was not to be today. Just under an hour seen another small flounder being landed. It was well over an hour before my next fish another flounder things seemed to be slow over here too. I think maybe the size of the tide had something to do with it because it normally fishes good on bigger tides. I would have liked to have had ragworm but with the tides the way they are that is hard going so just stuck with getting lug. Half an hour on seen me pull up another flounder then another not long after. By this time water was getting a bit low and i was feeling a bit tired too so decided to call it a day.

Total catch for today Flounder 6,Cod 3,Coalfish 1,Ssss 1,Cod and coalfish caught on lugworm all other fish caught on mackie. Herring done nothing along with bluey.

See the video HERE

tn_GEDC0569.JPG

My first catch a nice duo.
tn_GEDC0572.JPG

Another of my codling
tn_GEDC0586.JPG

One of my few flounders.
tn_GEDC0595.JPG

Another of my flounder not big.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Well done Mike, nice to see the codling.
You must go through quite a lot of bait in a year, going with the amount of times your out.
You canny whack it, I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day.
Nae woner yer knackered, great report.

Cheers Willie

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well done Mike, nice to see the codling.
You must go through quite a lot of bait in a year, going with the amount of times your out.
You canny whack it, I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day.
Nae woner yer knackered, great report.

Cheers Willie
Yeh i cam go through a fair bit of bait, thing is you're never sure what bait is going to work. Because a bait worked one day doesn't mean it will work next. I have also at times lost bait to dodgy freezers that is a pain. The way i look at it , i can work to get the money to be able to go fishing so make the most of it while i still can. As for the codling i hope to see bigger later in the year.

Nice selection of fish there man.!!!
Thank isleander.

A couple of good wee sessions there Mike. Well done! Tight lines! Gary
Thanks Gary.

Nice one mate.
Thanks shorecaster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts