1,738 Posts
Let us know how you get on. Them spotties must be closer now...,

Cheers,
Luis

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
look out bbeach here i come lets hope theres a few about
Would be interested how you got on.I was going to fish there myself but the huge rollers more suited to surfing put me off,and I carried on to Seaford where after 2 hours of pin bashing I couldn't take any more and went home :giveup: .Trying to look on the bright side I did manage 1 fat slug and a fine spotty of about 25cm :showoff:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Thinking Mr Bandit is on the money..... Next Tuesday however... If I were in UK, I would be quite excited about that one. Assuming the current forecast holds. Nothing clears Brighton seas quicker than a couple of days of NE winds..... ;)

In the meantime, I guess I will just keep on suffering out here.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
I fished the beach from 10am to 2pm today. Just one rod, bait lug tipped with squid. Result = 3 pin whiting and 7 rockling. Line issues meant I couldn't cast too far today, when the plaice arrive is a long cast generally needed?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I fished the beach from 10am to 2pm today. Just one rod, bait lug tipped with squid. Result = 3 pin whiting and 7 rockling. Line issues meant I couldn't cast too far today, when the plaice arrive is a long cast generally needed?
Perhaps I should have fished there:unsure:..........more slugs than pins would have been a definite bonus:clap3:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Line issues meant I couldn't cast too far today, when the plaice arrive is a long cast generally needed?
Early in the season, they are often right up to the shingle. Then, as the season progresses, they tend to push out further, and the big hitters tend to be the consistent catchers, with good numbers caught. Those not pushing over the hundred, often blank. But through to the end of March, distance isnt an issue. The reason you caught the pins and lings, was simply the sea was coloured. That same session, with clear seas, and you would have only caught plaice, with the odd flounder. The plaice are very much arrived. But the tings and lings are simply faster to the bait. A friend of mine had five spotties over a month ago, on a day the sea decided to clear a little over high tide.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Thinking Mr Bandit is on the money..... Next Tuesday however... If I were in UK, I would be quite excited about that one. Assuming the current forecast holds. Nothing clears Brighton seas quicker than a couple of days of NE winds..... ;) In the meantime, I guess I will just keep on suffering out here.........
looks awful rob , I feel your pain

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well fished 9 till 130 ting ling that all and horrible chocolate water as robin says need a few days ne winds 2 calm and clear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts