World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is nothing to report lol!!

Fishing on bay 18 since about half ten, probably going to give it until five!

One nice size plaice and a couple of channel, but basically hard going, a hell of a rip today, even with sevens on!!! Big tide though.

Not seen a lot else that would get you all excited and salivating, no bass, no macks, guy next to me had a wrasse and a baby thornie, as well as a plaice.

Fished two rods, both with 2 hook rigs one up, one down, beads on the bottom snood, sandeels, rag, fresh black as well as squid, I like to have a small variety.

Water seems to be clearing slightly!! And the easterly has a definate chill in it so wrap up!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shut above bay 30 and has been for a couple of weeks now, and when I got here this morning it was packed, so that explains why I'm here, I'm not moving lock stock now, I'm not here for much longer, and there's no snags here anyway, I've always been aware that 15 and below can be a bit snaggy. is that right in your experience?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes apparently so, they've been cleaning.

Was talking to one of the wardens this evening and he's hopeful that they will Ba able to open up as far as 40 for the early past of next week!

My favourite spot is in the 40's as well, got my first snag on the east on Monday and lost my gear, bay 24 was the culprit!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I found a place on the West arm that is snag-free but it's top secret. My own little Mark X :roll1:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
And that's great because we all have our favourite places wherever we are, but what do you do if your bay or spots are taken? Do you go somewhere else?
Hope it becomes free or float fish close bye most of my fishing on the east is night time so it's often not very busy,allso have a nice bay on the west that I havnt lost a rig on yet and even better holds fish

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a place on the West arm that is snag-free but it's top secret. My own little Mark X :roll1:
Hey weehooker, glad to hear I was of some help to you about getting some lead weights! Loved your report, made me laugh, just imagined this stinky fisherman with his 4 pack and a carriage all to himself!! :roll1:

And you have my utmost respect for doing that journey down here. :notworthy

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey weehooker, glad to hear I was of some help to you about getting some lead weights! Loved your report, made me laugh, just imagined this stinky fisherman with his 4 pack and a carriage all to himself!! :roll1:

And you have my utmost respect for doing that journey down here. :notworthy
I did have to remember not to chat any birds up on the way home. Eau de Rancid Mackerel is not the way to pull.:crazy:

As for the journey, I must be disciplined and travel a bit lighter next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts