World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for the local lads. What is the underwater obstruction at the Buckle on Seaford beach? I've seen the sign for it but have never fished at the Buckle but have been considering it. Would just like to know the extent etc.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Quick question for the local lads. What is the underwater obstruction at the Buckle on Seaford beach? I've seen the sign for it but have never fished at the Buckle but have been considering it. Would just like to know the extent etc.
I believe its a pipe. Take a look here:- www.sussexseafishing.co.uk The guy that runs this site (Craig) spends a lot of time fishing up that way, and will almost certainly be able to tell you.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
i think its whats left of a wreck its not that big

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys.

Rob, I know of the pipe you mention that's further along East but don't think it extends that far West.

Topcat - do you happen to know how far out it is?

I might be going that way tonight for a session, so perhaps I'll stop and have a look at the sign. On the other hand, I might be fishing Brighton tonight so won't be able to.

Rob, I've added a link to you site in my links section.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

Rob, I know of the pipe you mention that's further along East but don't think it extends that far West.

Topcat - do you happen to know how far out it is?

I might be going that way tonight for a session, so perhaps I'll stop and have a look at the sign. On the other hand, I might be fishing Brighton tonight so won't be able to.

Rob, I've added a link to you site in my links section.
And I've done the same for you!! Cheers Vic, And Cheers Stu.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
do you happen to know how far out it is.
I done a night sesh there in january ,well about 500 yards east of there
and was getting snagged every cast at about 100 yards out. dont know if it was the underwater obstuction or a gill net but it was doing my head right in !

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ive done a fair bit of diving out there. Some big chalk gullys, drop offs and under scours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts