World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have never fishish bucks mills before and was wondering if anyone could give me any help on it. im wanting to go for smooth hound, (never trierd to catch one) could some one help me on rigs, bait, time, weather, tide and anything else i have missed?? or if anyone is plannin a trip then me and a friend come along? any help would be great. thanks ben

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have fished here a couple of times so am no expert on the area, if you can get down there in daylight low tide you will see there are 2 areas of clean ground, one is to the left and the other slightly to the right, quite handy to note when fishing high water, ...

Not sure what baits work best in the summer, but if you are casting on the rough ground try using leads with long grip wires it will help stop the leads getting jammed in the rocks.

Hope this is of some help and good luck :fish:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info. yep i still live up baggy at the moment, seeling up soon thou! nooooo! still got the rest of the year though.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
thanks for the info. yep i still live up baggy at the moment, seeling up soon thou! nooooo! still got the rest of the year though.

unlucky mate.croydes a great place....get down the sewer or any rocky bit around baggy and use decent crab on a pulley rig..good a place as any.but expect to lose some tackle.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks wilky, will give the sewer a bash soon. iv fished there before meany of times for wrass, huss, eels, and all them sorts of fish, but never for hounds and never used crab from there but i will give it a go. thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts