World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a decent budget LRF reel? I want it as a spare and have a budget of £40 maximum.

·
Registered
883 Posts
i have the HTO rockfish 2000. nice reel at about £30 but sadly no spare spool ( i did contact tronixpro regarding this but they did not have them at the time).
also have a shimano catana front drag 2500 which does come with a spare spool. styling a bit retro but does the job. these are around the £30 mark. ( a 1000 size is also available).
both get plenty of use (mainly freshwater at the moment).

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I've got the HTO 2000. I really like it, but as above, it's annoying that I can't get a spare spool. I'd like one with braid and one with mono.

Think I paid £28

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I have the Hyperloop 4000FB. Decent budget reel, coped easily with very large Wrasse and strings of mackerel.

Smoothness is ok, not quite as smooth as the Spheros 6000SW but considering the price it's a steal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rovex ceratec 2000 gets my vote. Had mine two years plus now. Paid about £22 at the time at Harvey Angling.

I also had excellent after care for the importer as well. Providing a new bail arm when I foolishly lost the roller due to lack of attention / maintenance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pecheur are selling the 1000 size Daiwa Ninja for £34 right now, it comes with a spare spool (both spools are alloy) and they do a 1003 size so nice shallow spools for LRF. Takes 75m of 4lb fluoro a treat. I had to buy a second just as a spare at that price, think I might even get a third

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I second the Rovex Ceratec! Surprisingly smooth drag for the price, which for me is a must!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a the older model Shimano Alivio #1'000 and it's a great little reel for LRF with a smooth drag which you'll need if you encounter even a 1.5lb ballan wrasse!! as Yakbass mentioned you can score one the newer models for £23.99 at artoffishing.co.uk, however, they don't come with a spare spool. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.