World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my mate bob fished Rice & Cole jetty Saturday three hour's up to high tide. We used 2 hook flapper rig's and black lug i expected it to be a whiting fest but it was pin codling hitting the hook's about five codling to each whiting all small all released. Great fun especially when bob managed to knock both his chair and rod rest off the end of the jetty in one fell swoop lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Me and my mate bob fished Rice & Cole jetty Saturday three hour's up to high tide. We used 2 hook flapper rig's and black lug i expected it to be a whiting fest but it was pin codling hitting the hook's about five codling to each whiting all small all released. Great fun especially when bob managed to knock both his chair and rod rest off the end of the jetty in one fell swoop lol.
looks like plenty of live baits for them bass when they come in

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi ive got a caravan near rice and coles seen that jetty just wondered what the fishing was like i fish mostly april to oct when the site is open any info would be most app thanks shoeburyboy

·
Registered
238 Posts
Gd report well done , I wasn't sure you could fish the jetty and there's so many bouys out there surprised you managed to miss them .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the first time we had fished it we went down to the office to ask but know one was about. We spoke to a boat owner he said there's not much going on during winter the whole yard was dead. Because we were on the jetty we didn't need to cast out to far just in front of the bouys and boats my mate bob got snaged once. i guess the jetty get more traffic in the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts