World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished other side of Spitway on lovely calm day tucked away from the NNE which was even less than forecast. Caught 2 thornback to 11lb & surprisingly about 20 Codling - mostly smallish but 3 keepers 3-4 lb. Lost much bigger one when main line 20lb parted near the top! spent last of the day in deckchairs dozing off in the cockpit in glorious warm April sunshine!
Caught the bigger thornie on my light spinning rod & 12lb mainline good sport but not able to stop it's runs & dives easily.
Never got around to take pictures, sorry, will do in future. Saw quite a few ray landed on other boats too.

Looking forward to getting back out soon.

John.

15,082 Posts
Fished other side of Spitway on lovely calm day tucked away from the NNE which was even less than forecast. Caught 2 thornback to 11lb & surprisingly about 20 Codling - mostly smallish but 3 keepers 3-4 lb. Lost much bigger one when main line 20lb parted near the top! spent last of the day in deckchairs dozing off in the cockpit in glorious warm April sunshine!
Caught the bigger thornie on my light spinning rod & 12lb mainline good sport but not able to stop it's runs & dives easily.
Never got around to take pictures, sorry, will do in future. Saw quite a few ray landed on other boats too.

Looking forward to getting back out soon.

John.
Nice one John!...Them codling will make there mind up as to whether they are going or not!!.We took the yellow boat yesterday.See my report

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts