World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
can anyone shed some info on fishing up stream on the Burnham-on Crouch. I'm after some decent Bass, down stream is producing thornbacks and very small tope & dogfish also the odd whiting / pouting?

·
Registered
246 Posts
HI i was having a fish in the black water out from bradwell on friday 17 june :On boat . loads of pouting few whiting . one bass small .pound half. few eels we didnt get any thornbacks or doggies /smooth hound ..........tried all baits .............plenty of weed !!!!!! about .........going to have a go on burham -on crouch next week .........when you going Luton Roy?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Went out on the 18th but only caught one thornback, a boat load of weed and crabs tried rag, lug, squid, sandeel and mackeral I have only been fishing the estuary up to the mouth but I think I will venture further out as I have been told there hitting smooth hounds further a field. Do you know if decent bass show, we have taken one to 3 and 1/2 pound on one trip out, also any spots for mackeral I've got a Orkney Coastliner 14 so I can't be to adventurous on the high seas.

·
Registered
246 Posts
WE was in a angler 13. mate just brought it . Bit small to take to the sea ok for the rivers . the boat we use on the sea is like a worrier but we have only got a 35 horse motor on it could do with a 50 or 60 hp .MORE ZOOM ZOOM ......HE HE
its ok with 35 hp doing about 25 nots ..... but its a long haul from cambridge on trailor.....
i think the bigger fish are out further ....plenty of weed there at the mo .... pulled in some big big bits .............but had plenty of fish but small ........ no i havent heard of any big bass about yet ... but mackeral are about offshore and in shore if water clears ..........will post if finding some good fish .......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts