World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a comp out on the boat from Burnham on Sea yesterday. Only 2 boats out but a cracking day at sea. First cast and my brothers uptider had the classic nod nod slack and it was fish on. The fish fought like a cod staying deep all the way to the boat banging away and I got the net ready more in hope than expectation. Couldn’t believe it when a nice double broke the surface. Steady fishing for the rest of the ebb with thornies, straps and dogs but as the tide slackened the the bites slowed. Dad was next in to a decent fish over slack water with a hound well into double figure. Once the flood started we were well off the mark so we repositioned. This was a good move as we caught steadily again with 3 Huss and another cod to me. Back on the beach my bro’s cod weighed 13-9 and got him second place and won the pools, my cod weighed 12-8 and took third while my dad won with his hound that went 14-8
Water Vertebrate Sky Sleeve Outdoor recreation
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Water Sky Sleeve Outdoor recreation Fisherman
Water Sky Mammal Gesture Fisherman

·
Registered
25,239 Posts
Top fishing! Love the cod!!!

Reactions: dicky

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great report of a great day's fishing Dicky, especially with Dad and brother. I do miss a day after cod in the channel.
👍👍
Cheers, we've fished together all my life with my uncle as well but unfortunately he was a bit under the weather this weekend. I love channel codding but it's been tough for a few years now, hopefully this year will be better.

·
Registered
492 Posts
... my bro’s cod weighed 13-9 and got him second place and won the pools, my cod weighed 12-8 and took third while my dad won with his hound that went 14-
Well done, looks you had a smashing day out. That size of cod off Bristol Channel, amazing!

Reactions: dicky
1 - 10 of 10 Posts