World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Burnham today, last 2 hours of the ebb, had numerous bites, caught 6 school bass about 25 cm long, all came to ragworm.

I used a light 10 ft spinning rod with 10lb line, 2/0 hook with a swan shot ( pea size lead weight ) sqeezed onto the line about 3 inches up from the hook just to enable the bait to sink a bit faster, cast out about 15 yds slightly uptide & allowed the tide to gently roll the bait along the bottom feeding line out as the bait went down tide.

Fun way to fish, also helps keep the crabs away a bit.

Fished across from the park where the house boats are, dingy sailors were a pain though, might go again next week & fish at first light to miss the boating fraternity, dont you love them.

Got my bait from Dengie Tackle, nice clean ragworm, meant to ask him if he has an out of hours pick up system, anybody know if he does.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fished Burnham today, last 2 hours of the ebb, had numerous bites, caught 6 school bass about 25 cm long, all came to ragworm.

I used a light 10 ft spinning rod with 10lb line, 2/0 hook with a swan shot ( pea size lead weight ) sqeezed onto the line about 3 inches up from the hook just to enable the bait to sink a bit faster, cast out about 15 yds slightly uptide & allowed the tide to gently roll the bait along the bottom feeding line out as the bait went down tide.

Fun way to fish, also helps keep the crabs away a bit.

Fished across from the park where the house boats are, dingy sailors were a pain though, might go again next week & fish at first light to miss the boating fraternity, dont you love them.

Got my bait from Dengie Tackle, nice clean ragworm, meant to ask him if he has an out of hours pick up system, anybody know if he does.
good report fella

1 - 2 of 2 Posts