World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a wee jaunt along the coast this evening to fish the breakwater.

I had organised meeting with Findus to try & learn a different technique, in not the easiest of conditions.

After a quiet first hour, the tide started to turn & darkness started to fall. The bites started to appear, with Findus taking first blood with a Codling of around 1lb.
A wee while later i took a Coalie of around 3/4lb & another smaller one whilst handlining in my float after getting the mother of all tangles as a loop of my line had "escaped" from the reel & tangled up in the darkness & wind.

A nice couple of hours spent trying to learn how to floatfish in blustery conditions & a few fish to boot.

Thanks for your company Findus & supplying decent bait, it will not be forgotten
m8 :D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hi dave,
good too see ye caught some .

tis fun with the float ehh..i tried my first attempt only a few days ago, lost count after 20 ahah. na only kidding. :) .

if yer going out again gimme a shout i will go , i need all the practise i can get :).

andy.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) Try it. It's brilliant. A lot of places you fish have fish right at your feet.
IMHO its probably the best method for catching fish which are tight in.:)

Aye, i'll certainly give it another bash, but in calmer conditions.

We were casting 20 feet at the max .

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Had a wee jaunt along the coast this evening to fish the breakwater.

I had organised meeting with Findus to try & learn a different technique, in not the easiest of conditions.

After a quiet first hour, the tide started to turn & darkness started to fall. The bites started to appear, with Findus taking first blood with a Codling of around 1lb.
A wee while later i took a Coalie of around 3/4lb & another smaller one whilst handlining in my float after getting the mother of all tangles as a loop of my line had "escaped" from the reel & tangled up in the darkness & wind.

A nice couple of hours spent trying to learn how to floatfish in blustery conditions & a few fish to boot.

Thanks for your company Findus & supplying decent bait, it will not be forgotten
m8 :D
No probs dave-Pity it was'nt a great night for it (low tide + windy) but it least we caught eh.
Will organise another night when its less windy and a decent tide. Thanks for not telling everyone that my reel exploded lol. By the way can you still buy a brand new mitchel 300 or have they stopped making them?. If not what would be the nearest to it as regards size and performance. that one last night was over 15 yrs old and just a pleasure to use.
Would even buy a second hand one. Cheers for now...

ps: I think my codling was under the pound mark, but that'll do me, lol...

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
never to old to learn new tricks eh good report guy keep trying

·
Registered
968 Posts
No probs dave-Pity it was'nt a great night for it (low tide + windy) but it least we caught eh.
Will organise another night when its less windy and a decent tide. Thanks for not telling everyone that my reel exploded lol. By the way can you still buy a brand new mitchel 300 or have they stopped making them?. If not what would be the nearest to it as regards size and performance. that one last night was over 15 yrs old and just a pleasure to use.

:) Best chance of a second hand one is on e-bay. There's always a few kicking about.:)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

Had a look in the freshwater bag and found a mitchel 300 + a 300a , bit stiff but some wd40 and their like new again.
The one that knacked last night must have been my 400 (only had that 12yrs).

Still be looking out for one though.....:) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts