World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning... had a wee jaunt down the breakie last night with rincewind, bait was fresh lug/rag + mackie strip and some cockle.
Steve was into a fish straight away on the float with a saithe..

A few bites were missed then the fish started coming in.. between us we had 6 species which included what i think is a tompot blenny that Steve landed.
So Steve had, tompot blenny,,saithe (3) ,,wrasse (3) pollack... And i had codling,, saithe,, mackerel ( 1 of each )
All fish were caught on the float....
A few other people down and saw other fish being landed so its fishing well at the moment.. heres some pics..

So not a bad night at all, again nothing huge but plenty action. all fish went back safe and sound apart from the mackie ( bait )

Would be good if someone could verify the tompot blenny... cheers all..

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
:fishing: well done findus and ricewind :clap: good session :thumbs:
just gettin ready to go and dig rag and head to thorntonloch for the day.. maybe all night too lol :fishing1:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
a fine wee catch, fine wee fish, fine wee session there findus :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Good mix of fish there guys and all the better for being taken on the float. Nothing better in my opinion than summer evening float fishing.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wats the best bait n anywhere local where u kin buy sum as prob would not hae time to get some
Ragworm i would say is the best all round bait or possibly mackie strip on its own.
I always dig my own worms, but i think the shop in cowdenbeath sells worms.
"Adeys" would be the one to tell you....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts