World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - quick hello and a big thank you for everyone who turned out today.. Myself and rincewind had a few fish but nothing over the 1lb mark. I have some pics that i will put up later. Hope the others had a decent day as well,, im pretty sure most of you caught something and the weather was pretty good apart from the occasional heavy shower.

Was great to meet some new faces and a couple of familiar ones. Hope to see some reports and pics from today posted up soon. Now if you will excuse me i have a large Sunday roast to scoff...

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
it was a very good day and good to put faces to names
i ended up with 18 fish:1a:
12 coalies,5 mackies and wrasse
no tackle lost will be back again soon

·
Registered
794 Posts
sorry i was late and never introduced myself,was digging bait at 10,oclock caught my fair share of small coalies,1 houdini mackeral that jamp aff at my feet and escaped efter a tussle in a rockpool good day tho watching the rain come er the forth then soak us i seen the dingy boy land a mack as i headed of:clap3:c yous next time

·
Registered
267 Posts
well done findus good meet good to meet some new faces and some old ones 3 macky 1 coalie for me thanks again findus

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah was good day/managed to catch my first fish since march pity it was those small annoying coalies-managed 5 in total.
Good to put few names to faces but unfortunate rain could not stay off but all in all nice day out maybe see a few of you again in future.:cold:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rincewinds wrasse...

my sea scorpion...

Caught loads of these today...

And my wrasse...

Not a bad day at all,,, thanks to all who came....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks Findus, great day, I'm even in one of your pictures undoing a birds nest by the looks of things, how apt! Caught my first crab today and lots of tips from Dayco. Looking forward to another meet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
looked like a good turn out today unfortunately didnt get there until about 12 due to having to dig bait amongst other things but was soon into the shoals of coalies and eventualy 4 wrasse,looked around and nearly every one was gone so left about 5.30...turned out to be a reasonably ok day.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Guy`s,big thanks to Findus for setting up the meet,and to all the lads who made the effort to turn up,:group::fishing:nice to see familiar faces and meet new ones,only managed 1 mackie myself,the laddie,william (maddo82),caught 6 or 7 small coalies and 2 mackies,:cry:,cuffed again,:doh:,:boxing:.Best fish I saw caught was a lovely Wrasse about the 2lb mark,taken by Maddog69,(Jim),nice one mate,and cheers for the INFO::thumbs::,hope we meet up again soon,maybe over at Granton,will post your pics with the fish,cheers,Jock.
Maddog69.JPG

Wrasse.JPG

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad everyone had a good day - and even some fish,, i started off floatfishing at low tide but kept getting snagged on an old creel rope so opted for just freelining instead. After losing a couple of hooks to the rope the tide came up a bit and the freelining was an absolute killing method for the coalies. Rincewind reckons i could have been near the 100 mark but not sure myself,, deffo more than 50 though maybe between 70-100. I was using a size 6 hook though so cheating a bit.lol... Also managed 3 species so was quite chuffed with that. Good to see some of you guys getting into the mackies as well. The lad in the boat had 2 mackies and some wee coalies + a tiny codling... That was a first for me today launching a boat from the breakwater.lol.. neat wee trick though.

Next meet will be at Kinghorn/pettycur beaches for the flatties possibly Oct/Nov if anyone is up for it.. Thanks once again for the turn out and thanks to the beacon cafe for letting in a group of hairy @rsed fisherman...

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
well done lads
i was camping /fishing kinda with kids on the west .

looks a good bit there need to get down sometime to try it oot.
goose late never :doh:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Guy`s,big thanks to Findus for setting up the meet,and to all the lads who made the effort to turn up,:group::fishing:nice to see familiar faces and meet new ones,only managed 1 mackie myself,the laddie,william (maddo82),caught 6 or 7 small coalies and 2 mackies,:cry:,cuffed again,:doh:,:boxing:.Best fish I saw caught was a lovely Wrasse about the 2lb mark,taken by Maddog69,(Jim),nice one mate,and cheers for the INFO::thumbs::,hope we meet up again soon,maybe over at Granton,will post your pics with the fish,cheers,Jock.
View attachment 37456

View attachment 37457
Cracking wrasse that one :thumbs: glad to see they are still about,,, seems to be a lot of smaller ones this year..
birdsneststew:
So thats you caught crabs now mate.lol.. what did i tell you about Burntisland.. seriously though nice one,, always good to get something different..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks Findus, great day, I'm even in one of your pictures undoing a birds nest by the looks of things, how apt! Caught my first crab today and lots of tips from Dayco. Looking forward to another meet.
so you caught crabs you dirty stop out what about the codling or is that hush hush

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well I've had crabs before but they were caught on the esplanade outside Jackie O's in the mid 90's!

Didn't I mention the codling earlier? Must have slipped my mind with the 4 minute frenzy of mackeral. I can honestly say I didn't take it home and it did go back in the water. Thanks Dayco! :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I've had crabs before but they were caught on the esplanade outside Jackie O's in the mid 90's!

Didn't I mention the codling earlier? Must have slipped my mind with the 4 minute frenzy of mackeral. I can honestly say I didn't take it home and it did go back in the water. Thanks Dayco! :eek:hnoes:
So ye caught a codling as well :clap3: nice one mate... was it a decent size or just a wee ane ??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts