World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - had a wee jaunt down the embankment tonight with my young findi....

Had a couple o casts and nothing and they were getting bored,, then at last a wee knock but missed it :sad:

Out of desperation i casted back out and started a slow retrieve and BANG!!! big slack liner.... the kids face when i brought it in was a picture.lol..
My youngest Laurie posed for a picture..

Nothing after that so a quiet 2 hours,, but a decent flounder for the pan and a thrill for the kids. Tried to give them a wee shot but the beachcasters were far too heavy for them.. Laurie told me when we got home that fishing's boring cause we only caught 1 fish.lol..

How many times has 1 fish been welcome.lol.. will take them to the breakwater when its calm or the golfcourse pond next time and let them have a wee rod each, bless them...
Bait was lug and rag dug a few hours earlier...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi everyone - had a wee jaunt down the embankment tonight with my young findi....

Had a couple o casts and nothing and they were getting bored,, then at last a wee knock but missed it :sad:

Out of desperation i casted back out and started a slow retrieve and BANG!!! big slack liner.... the kids face when i brought it in was a picture.lol..
My youngest Laurie posed for a picture..

Nothing after that so a quiet 2 hours,, but a decent flounder for the pan and a thrill for the kids. Tried to give them a wee shot but the beachcasters were far too heavy for them.. Laurie told me when we got home that fishing's boring cause we only caught 1 fish.lol..

How many times has 1 fish been welcome.lol.. will take them to the breakwater when its calm or the golfcourse pond next time and let them have a wee rod each, bless them...
Bait was lug and rag dug a few hours earlier...
there faces tell every thing dug there on monday then fished brakewater only 2 small whiteing

·
Registered
467 Posts
should of sent them down the beach to dig some worm for you bet they would appreciate watching you fish then! lol get them started early mate :fishing:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice flattie. The lassie's expression is priceless. Are there still perch in the pond? Been years since I fished it. My float was getting peppered with golfballs last time (One at least) coming over the mesh fence. Biggest perch I ever got there must have pushed 2 or 3 oz. Still there were loads of them.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
nice one findus

can the wee once eyes get any bigger brill pic

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice flattie. The lassie's expression is priceless. Are there still perch in the pond? Been years since I fished it. My float was getting peppered with golfballs last time (One at least) coming over the mesh fence. Biggest perch I ever got there must have pushed 2 or 3 oz. Still there were loads of them.
Aye mate - there's pike in it now as well up to about 6lb,, my mate says he caught a double but i take that one with a wee pinch o salt.. like you say loads o small perch 2-3oz with the occasional larger one..

There is another pond right next to it thats hard to get down to through the tree's , but there is ( or was ) big perch in it up to a pound,, its just a wee pond but holds fish,, not sure if someone put pike in this also,, been ages since i tried to get near it.. you can see it here... http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=56.068155&lon=-3.20858&z=17.9&r=0&src=msl

Cheers for all the replies guys... :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts