World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me info on marks to fish around burrowhead campsite whithorn going up in summer for long weekend have not fished there for 8yr any tips would be great.
cheers

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
can anyone give me info on marks to fish around burrowhead campsite whithorn going up in summer for long weekend have not fished there for 8yr any tips would be great.
cheers

hi jon

was just wonderin weather you'd get more response to your question if you ask it in the scottish forum as well just a thought matey

tightlines...............................daz

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
jon, contact campsite, i believe they will send you info. if you contact keegy on this site , i,m almost certain he will sort it.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
cheers
search for , sea fishing isle of whithorn, theres some good info on that site

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi jon I have been a couple of times to burrowhead and you need to make sure that where ever you fish you do so safely and make sure what ever footwear you have has a good grip. There are plenty of good makes on the site itslef. When I first went I spotted a guy making his way across the field so I just Jumped out of the car and left the wife and kids to unpack whilst I picked the guys brain for 20 mins. It worked as within 1hour i was fishing with my son who had two pollock with 1st 2 casts. ask the locals most are happy to help. Take plenty of sandeels. Mackeral can be caught at whithorn but take 1or2 for back up. Spinning may catch the odd bass at other marks. Hopefully Iam up there sometime myslef. It is also worth knowing that if it is to windy at burrow head look for other places like port logan or sandends? etc good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
The campsites link, http://www.burrowheadholidayvillage.co.uk/

Expect plenty of pollack, wrasse and as above the odd bass, doggies by the bucket load, I fish it quite often during the summer, theres a good tackle shop for bait in Newton Stewart which is a fair bit before Burrowhead just before you leave the A75. Go straight into the town and its on your left just before the chippie.

Fish baits and rag seem to catch well, spun sandeels take the pollack, the wrasse take anything but be ready with the lead its quite snaggy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts