World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself, & Jack the Lad, are going in convoy in the near future, to explore the "fishiness" out of Burry Port, has anybody been out yet this year? or is it still a bit early?
I usually dont start until May, but with the weather being mild, & people reporting catches of dabs & bass elsewhere I wondered if anybody had wet a line in the South Channel or Whiteford Pool yet this season?
Any chance of telling the truth if you have? or is everybody sworn to secrecy?
blueskip

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bass are showing up in numbers further west along the coast so it might be worth a try. Seem to be a few weeks ahead of last year with the species that are showing.

Tight Lines

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reckon you could be right Billy, its getting late, early! A decent forecast in a couple of weeks will see the W.S.F. armada leaving harbour. We will wait for a neap though, Jack The Lad has only just bought his boat, & we dont want to be on a steep "learning curve" off the Whiteford Lighthouse in a big spring, it would be similar to being off the "Ranie"!
I cant wait to see the tip of that spinning rod dancing as one big fat dab after another attacks my secret attractor! I can just taste those succulent fillets of dab, in a light batter, fried to a golden brown crispness! Wow better than sex this!
blueskip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts