World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst down the Sidan this morning started thinking of other marks localy and remembered that many years ago 1972 to be exact my brother-in- law introduced me to sea fishing with a session out from CROFTY POINT Penclwadd when we dug bait on ,the way out caught loads of flounder and picked a bucketfull of cockles. Haven't fished over there for a very long time now and was wondering if anybody on the forum has been there recently? Maybe you could bring us upto date? Cheers lads

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does nobody fish the mark?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Roger at one time you could drive out onto the point, but nowadays you have to park in the industrial estate (by the cockle factory), climb over fences, avoid dogs & all sorts to get out there, I did it last year but results were no better than the Berthllwyd or Crofty Pill, not worth the effort nowadays mate.
Another ideal angling venue for the less able has been lost to us, not a word of protest from our local angling Association though, another Breakwater perhaps!:nonono:
blueskip

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roger at one time you could drive out onto the point, but nowadays you have to park in the industrial estate (by the cockle factory), climb over fences, avoid dogs & all sorts to get out there, I did it last year but results were no better than the Berthllwyd or Crofty Pill, not worth the effort nowadays mate.
Another ideal angling venue for the less able has been lost to us, not a word of protest from our local angling Association though, another Breakwater perhaps!:nonono:
blueskip
Thanks for the advice mate. Thats stopped a wasted trip then. Will no doubt fish the Sidan again then on thursday afternoon. Unless anyone can suggest somewhere better. FPO has given me a pass from about 1300ish to 1700ish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts