World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, im going to be fishing burry port peir next weekend, never fished there before and just wanted to know what people catch there and wat baits to use

any comments will help

cheers

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
doesn't matter. the crabs will eat anything there!

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
hi all, im going to be fishing burry port peir next weekend, never fished there before and just wanted to know what people catch there and wat baits to use

any comments will help

cheers
Both piers are closed of to the public at the moment!!! H&S gone crazy!! It's due to the dreger being tied up there. I would certainly look for somewhere else to fish if I were you. The whole of the area east towards Llanelli is closed off due to the subsidence. TRY CEFN SIDAN OR LLANGENITH (Gower)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Both piers are closed of to the public at the moment!!! H&S gone crazy!! It's due to the dreger being tied up there. I would certainly look for somewhere else to fish if I were you. The whole of the area east towards Llanelli is closed off due to the subsidence. TRY CEFN SIDAN OR LLANGENITH (Gower)

By pier do you mean where the lighthouse is?:g:

Didn't know it had been closed but I wouldn't recommend fishing there anyway, well not if you want to actually catch anything;)

As Roger says try Cefn or you could try the slip the other side of the harbour just where the cycle path has disappeared, easy fishing out the back of the car. You could walk around the temporary barriers and fish the concrete wall or further along you'll see an outfall pipe which is not a bad mark. Baits? - usual suspects, mack, Lug and Rag although Lug has been the best for me this year.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Paid 4 read the front page ot the STAR story about the harbour/ dredger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts