World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with Jack the Lad & his wife yesterday looking for "The Needles", but we only found the Foul Grounds & Hall Rock!
Had a "fishful" day with mackerel, pollack, tope (mini), codling YES CODLING! dabs, & a million doglings, Doreen was the "Dogling Queen of the day", we even tried to get her to change to a 3 hook paternoster so she could catch them three at a time!
Weather was brilliant, water flat as a witches, excellent company, & we even had a duck calling competition!
Only thing that spoiled the day, was when we got back, two "anglers" ( I use the term grudgingly) were loading a box into their car which must have contained 25 bass (all over legal size, but only about 2 of which I would have kept). They also informed me that they had already "solt"? some on the way in! "Solt"? I think that just about sums them up, we really have a long way to go to get our own house in order, before we can think about challenging the commercial sector!
Sorry Jack maybe you will get your 13lb bass next time!
blueskip

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mornin' Vic,

Thanks for your company and a brilliant day yesterday + your demonstration of how to catch dogling; Doreen seemed to pick up the idea pretty quick. She also seemed to pick up the 'duck calling' idea very quickly - that's what attracted the dogling ;)

I caught a 13lb bass last night ................. but I fell out of bed whilst landing it. :D

Great day mate - thanks, and here's to many more.

Cheers - Jack

PS. Agree about having putting our( the anglers) house in order - shame

1 - 2 of 2 Posts