World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20181016_113848.jpg

Saw this pile of netting down there today :mad::mad::mad: I have reported it to the council via their FB page and they said they would get it moved soon. I would be grateful if anyone is down there over the next few days to let me know if they have as I'm a bit busy and might not be able to get down there to check .

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An update with a positive result . I went down there yesterday afternoon and I'm pleased to say the offending nets have been removed .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately things just get worse

This was found on Cefn Sidan beach this morning by a good friend who was out walking !!!!:mad::mad::mad: He has contacted the County Council and the park rangers . It must be someone who has vehicle access to the beach and the authorities should have records of who they allow onto the beach :unsure: I have asked Lee Walters our local AM to investigate how these vehicles are getting on to the beach. We need a campaign to get it sorted ......................if you care about our local angling marks please contact the AM and MP yourselves and ask what is being done to stop it happening. If whilst angling you see any vehicles on the beach try to get a picture of the plates ,without putting your self at risk, and send a report on the park rangers and the council please.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i find this sickening i put in alot of work on that beach clearing the rubbish that gets washed up to see someone fly tipping directly onto the beach is a first for me and makes me angry i also have no idea how they are getting on the beach picture is today cefn sidan car park f end two bags of nylon rope plastic etc taken from the surf line by me and my daughter

Attachments

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i find this sickening i put in alot of work on that beach clearing the rubbish that gets washed up to see someone fly tipping directly onto the beach is a first for me and makes me angry i also have no idea how they are getting on the beach picture is today cefn sidan car park f end two bags of nylon rope plastic etc taken from the surf line by me and my daughter
Excellent job .....................and a great big thank you to your daughter for giving up her Saturday morning to help improve her local marine environment .

Reactions: crabbiepatties

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi voodoo
I have just been to that beach and it appears tractor has removed it looking at the tracks.
That is really good news .............but I still question how it got there in the first place . It appears the council has no control on what vehicles have access to the beach !!:mad::mad::mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts