World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Hi Welshman.
I really think you maybe targeting the wrong area for cod at Burryport. Maybe a few whiting but there are better mark's for these also.ie In the last 8years I have caught 1 codling at Burryport and 3 whitings. Try further east as it seems to hold more of your targeted species.
Keith

·
Registered
451 Posts
Targeting cod and whiting you really want to go east from penarth onwards , any further west than that I don't really get cod in numbers mate

·
Registered
435 Posts
Welshman you will pick up codling in Burry port and Whiting plenty of flounder and Dabs to the Codling do run up towards the loughor.to certain extent also had them over Broughton beach need to put the hrs in thou.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Welshman you will pick up codling in Burry port and Whiting plenty of flounder and Dabs to the Codling do run up towards the loughor.to certain extent also had them over Broughton beach need to put the hrs in thou.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Keith nothing wrong with you fishing mate I think anglers don't allreport they catches ive seen over the last 5 years the Codling are more widespread than before and even more down West not just up the East of the channel any more which is good News for the Anglers living down camarthern way.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
That is inspiring del. We pack up the caravan end of Nov so may be that they come later when I have left. Typical of me to miss the boat ha.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Keith I live in Aberdare well Cardiff is only 20 miles fo me to go for the cod but ive found its a lot of effort for little reward and cost of worm the whiting fishing is non existent down there ive always preferred down West Cefn sidan my Fav beach for my Bass flounder fishing the last couple of years even caught decent Hounds on the surf beaches I regularly go up to Milford haven to fish for codling off shore and Boat and its ok always a good mixed bag .

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Oh right del I thought you were based down west. I know what your saying about the fishing in the east. It has been slow year after year in the wintertime. I just didn't think there was anything decent caught down west in wintertime I may change my way of thinking now cheers

·
Registered
435 Posts
No problem Keith well I was due on a boat out of Dale in the haven on Saturday but the weather is not kind was off out Drifting around the inshore reefs had 3 cancelled this year but manged to get out twice loads of Pollack coalfish up to 7lb plenty of codling to 4lb .we had 47 codling on last trip out on the Barrels .

·
Registered
435 Posts
If only they came East I see on you profile you like the Wabbits me to got couple of lurchers an ferrets my Terrier died earlier in the year aged 15 so could be on lookout for another .

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Loads of tidy whiting and dabs down Burry port in the winter along with the mini pain in the bum whiting have caught small codling down there perhaps a pound or so in weight, I know they do catch them there up to four pound few and far between but that size fish seems to evade my hooks lol

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I go just as the stones start off the beach to black point, they went crazy for the baby squid last year it even out fished black lug some real fat ones too

·
Registered
435 Posts
I will hav to give it a go there this year its looks a good depth of water there to and ccomfortable fishing niice frosty night would be good for the Dab an Whiting there I suppose .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts