World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right i need a bit of info plz. im going there next thursday weather permitting. wot id like to know is where to fish there wot bait to use and wot am i likely to catch? oh yeah high tide is at 20.45 i think so wot time should i be there by for there to be water there or is there water there all the time? ty

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi Edd,

Fished Burry Port often recently with varying degrees of sucess. There are a number of marks, to the East of the harbour just past the coastguards there is a slipway the lifeboat boys use and about a hundred yards further along the cycle path is a small concrete wall where the old carmarthen bay power station was, past the rocks forming the breakwater the ground is sandy and I've had plenty of Whiting some of a decent size from here rag and blow worm tipped with mackerel or squid or mac strips work well. when the tide is running strongly you will need fairly substantial weights or you will lose a lot of tackle as it gets pushed into the rocks. On the western side of the harbour park near the yacht club and walk straight ahead pst the lighthouse, the best place to be is as close to the end as possible (if it's not too windy). Facing the sea to your left is a channel which goes back into the harbour and takes a right angle to your left. There is a sand bank to your left and one directly in front. There are Whiting to be had in this channel and i caught a small codling here Wed night., same baits as before on the left hand sandbank I've had some nice flounder on plain rag. The Eastern marks can be fished at fairly low water but the lighthouse doesn't have any water around it except for around 3 hours before high tide (especially if its a big one) but it can be fished for 3-4 hours after high tide. I have never caught a Whiting during the day and never caught a flattie at night-but that's probably just me. And finally don't neglect the harbour itself my brother-in-law has had 2 flounder there recently one of which was 2 1/4 pounds

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got back. my m8 caught 2 flatties and a whiting and i had a ling,flattie and a whiting. some nice size flatties there ill be going again soon

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
well done m8 I fished there Wednesday and didn't even have a bite but you've given me hope - I might try again tomorrow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts